My C5 smells!!!!!

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

406 V6
My Cars:

My C5 smells!!!!!

Post by 406 V6 »

Gents,

After a week on the garage, due to the spillage of 2~3 liters of a solvent from a 2 component primary behind the front seats, and waiting for a new floor to come, when i picked it up at the stealer i noticed a light smell, like fresh dog poop. I promptly lifted up my feet from the pedals and took a look - all clean. The trouble was when i switched the aircon to on. PHEW!!!!
I immediately bought a new polen filter, thinking it was something to do with the combination of the solvent smell inside the car and the filter having a year, but to no avail.
I removed the filter and turned on the fans. the air coming out of the filter/fan assembly didn't seem to smell, so i put the filter back on, together with a service station pine deodorant paper. Now it smeels like as baby... well, when they start to get the dippers dirty and it comes to our nostrels lightly, but it's better than anythhing, at least i can drive the car!

Should i make a desinfection service at an aircon dealer(didn't know mould could smell like this)? I really need the car...

Thanks
Francisco
C5 2.0HDI smoothly riding on 1.8l version spheres :D
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Citroën - pacemaking since 1955
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

You can get DIY aircon duct cleaner/disinfectant to spray into the air intake from car accessory shops.
There’s a recent topic on that here, but can’t find it now.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

Thanks Clogzz, i think i'll try spraying anti-bacterial spray on the intakes ;)
Francisco
When the hearts beats like a pressure regulator you know it means one thing: Love
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

You're welcome 406 V6, that was easy and free. :)
Talk of a spray that you let loose into the cabin in this topic:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... p?p=115095
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
406 V6
My Cars:

Post by 406 V6 »

I think this is the one i looked at...
Anyway, i removed the polen filter (at least half of it, the rest got stuck) and soaked it good in with the spray, sprayed on the vents, let the car with the aircon on for some 15~20 min on recycling, then 5 minutes sucking from the outside, where i aimed the spray through the incoming grill/vents.
I've been ridding it today and there seems to be no more smelly aircon, though this afternoon after having it parked with some occasional sun, it did have a wee bit of smell, but it dissapeared (i hope!)

Thanks once more ;) :D
Francisco