Heated seats and snowflake button?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Robbie

Heated seats and snowflake button?

Post by Robbie »

While looking for my Dads glasses that he dropped in my Xantia 1.9TD 98 (new shape) the other day, I noticed under the front seats that their are wires going from the floor up into the seats, Wow! I thought, I must have heated seats, I checked the manual and it says the control for the seats is a three position wheel by the height lever. Well I don't have anything there, but on the dashboard next to the hazard warning light button there is a button that has a picture of a snowflake on it that lights up when pressed but doesn't appear to do anything and isn't in the manual.
Can someone explain whether I have heated seats or not and if not whats the button with the snowflake for?
Robbie.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Your snowflake button (clue in there somewhere) is the air conditioning switch, radiator fan's should come on when it is pressed.
The wires going to your seat are actually going to the seat belt pre-tentioners, which are explosive cartridges that fire at the same time as the air bag in the event of an impact, they take the slack out of the seat belt thus increasing their efficiency.
Dave
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Thanks Dave,
Robbie