- DS4 heater not working

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ammental

Re: New - DS4 heater not working

Post by Ammental » 20 Sep 2018, 14:13

Hi thanks for accepting me ,not sure if this is the right place to post but....
Here's the problem my DS4 2013 plate heater is not working ,I have checked the fan motor that works fine( hooked direct to battery) ,replaced the speed controller resister ,and even replaced the main control panel .and still nothing.
I have read that on the C4 there is 2 wires In the fuse panel you can put an inline fuse in to bypass however I don't have these wire on the DS4 .
Can anybody help me as I'm getting it in the ear from my wonderful wife lol .

Ammental

- DS4 heater not working

Post by Ammental » 20 Sep 2018, 14:44

Hi thanks for the add,looks like I may get the help I need here.
So my problem is my heater is not working on my 2013 DS4 ,I have checked the fan motor (hooked up to a battery works fine ) changed the speed controller/resister and even changed the main control panel and still nothing .
I read on here that the C4 you could bridge the 2 wires at the fuse box ,but the DS4 doesn't have those wire ,or if they do I can't find them .
So if anyone could help or point me in what to try next id much appreciate it as I'm getting it in the ear from my lovely wife.
Thanks in advance guys/girls

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: - DS4 heater not working

Post by GiveMeABreak » 20 Sep 2018, 15:50

What exactly is the problem? Is it the fan blower motor that is not working? Don't get the air heating resistance unit mixed up with the blower control module, they are 2 separate devices.

What's your VIN number. I'll see what I have.
DS4 Heater.PNG
In the diagram above item [2] is the Blower Control Module - that controls the fan speed.
Item [1] Is the Air Heating Resistance and provides supplementary heating to the passenger cabin when requested and when the temperature / engine is cold.

Ammental

Post by Ammental » 20 Sep 2018, 16:18

Hi thanks for the reply the fan won't kick in at all .all the lights come up on the dash but won't blow any air ,I have changed part no 2 blower control module in you diagram I have also tested the fan it's self and that works ,I also changed the actual control panel in the dash and still nothing , confused as to what number 1 dose .
My vin is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Any help would be fantastic thank you

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 20 Sep 2018, 17:17

Number [1] is the heating resistance - I explained in my previous post - it is basically just heating elements to provide some warmth for the cabin until the engine warms up. It has nothing to do with the blower motor itself.

Where did you get the Blower Control Module from? Some cheap ones off the bay are notoriously poor quality and dead on arrival in many cases.

Compare with an original replacement - the correct part number for this module should be:
Part Number: 6441AF and is £127.69 inc. VAT from Citroen.

However, before replacing that again....
It may also be worth checking the fuse - it is in the Power Supply Protection and Management Box (BPGA) in the engine bay probably near the battery somewhere - but not the engine fuse box - that is the PSF1.

It is Fuse number 10, is 40 Amp and controls the Air Conditioning Blower and nothing else - so if this is at fault you won't get didly from the motor. As you know the motor is working via a bypass - this is your next likely culprit I suspect. Change the fuse anyway as a visual isn't really any good.
This is the Fuse Layout of the BPGA unit
DS4 Fuse.PNG
This is what it should look similar to:
Ds4 Fuse B.PNG
Ds4 Fuse C.PNG