New DS5 owner

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Neilied
My Cars: 2013 Citroen DS5 DStyle Hdi

New DS5 owner

Post by Neilied »

Hello everyone

Just collected my 2013 DS5 DStyle 2.0 Hdi last week. Amazing car with 64k and full Citroen history. A few bits on the to do. There is a shake of the steering wheel between 60 and 65 mph but never at any other speed. The rear alloys, 18” canveral are peeling. The lack of wheel jack and brace have been answered on here already.

The one annoying thing I’ve noticed though is that when turning left with steering wheel more than a quarter turn at the nine o’clock there is a boing like feeling through the pedals. Not to the right just left, it as though it snags something??

Car is in great condition but has a slight scuff in the passenger rear door that can be polished out. The interior is excellent. Really great car. Although I’ve just gone from a lightly modified Mazda 6 MPS so getting used to a diesel and a lot less horses and AWD.

Still even though it’s less ra
I’d I keep catching myself walking around the car looking at it....wow
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: New DS5 owner

Post by myglaren »

Neilied wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 19:19 The one annoying thing I’ve noticed though is that when turning left with steering wheel more than a quarter turn at the nine o’clock there is a boing like feeling through the pedals. Not to the right just left, it as though it snags something??
I'd suspect a broken suspension spring, probably at an extreme end.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome - I think only the Hybrid is AWD - tho ether models are FWD.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Neilied

Post by Neilied »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 20:58 Hi and welcome - I think only the Hybrid is AWD - tho ether models are FWD.
Hi Marc

Thanks for the welcome. Yes sorry didn’t quite word it right I meant it’s been my first FWD for a while as my 6MPS and my scoot before have been AWD
Neilied

Post by Neilied »

myglaren wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 20:56
Neilied wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 19:19 The one annoying thing I’ve noticed though is that when turning left with steering wheel more than a quarter turn at the nine o’clock there is a boing like feeling through the pedals. Not to the right just left, it as though it snags something??
I'd suspect a broken suspension spring, probably at an extreme end.
Thanks for that, I’ve had the car 10 days so will get that back to the dealer to check.

Neil
Neilied

Post by Neilied »

So car went back to dealer for checks. They gave me an Aygo for a few days 😱. They found that front needed tracking, balancing and also that arb bushes were shot. 48 hour turn round and although still a minor shudder on the motorway steering is tight. A big improvement. I just purchased a handbook and wallet on eBay and updated mapping and safety.

Only job to do now is to get the rear alloys renovated as the diamond cut finish is shot but only on the rear 🤔