I do know that there was a known issue on the bluetooth audio quality of RD5 units - certainly in the DS4 units - these were replaced if the car was under warranty.
As for the playlists, there have been suggestions that naming the files 1-999 (I believe there to be a 999 file limit) has brought an improvement in play order. Others have created a playlist that links to the files in any folders you have created and then use the playlist.
As for the specs - not too much information:
Manufactured by: Continental
Radio Controller: Texas Instrument TMS 470DSP:
DSP: NXP Dirana2 SAF 7730
Bluetooth & DAB Host: Analog Device BF525
Bluetooth controller: CSR BlueCoreC6 Rom
Operating Temp: -20°C to +70°C
System consists of Hardware modules with embedded software
System is composed of 4 main modules:
Click to zoom
- Radio Controller is master module of the system, it is called Host; It drives AM/FM tuner for analogue radio features
- Audio processor based on a car Digital Signal Processor; also to provide audio settings and ambiance
- Multimedia controller for CD, USB and iPod features;
Bluetooth Core is included in ADI BF 525 processor connected to Host processor, it is called CoDSP. It includes BT stack and profiles (provided by a 3 party supplier iAnywhere). It is connected to a HCI controller to provide BT connectivity features
- DAB Core (optional) is also included in ADI BF 525 processor. It is connected to DAB tuner to provide radio digital features.
Bluetooth SW features:
- Radio controller HOST main SW features are:
Power Supply control: switch-on, switch –off
Audio amplifier control by the system user
Analogue Radio tuner AM/FM
Digital Radio tuner DAB
CD drive control
CAN bus driver and interface
I2S, I2C, SPI .. bus driver and interface
Handling of user inputs via remote keyboard
Handling of remote display
- Device inquiry
Handfree call, 3-ways calls
Phonebook and call lists
Audio streaming with basic control commands next, previous and metadata title and artist display.