Diagbox IO problem

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sponk
Donor 2024
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Changing and different, PSA.

Diagbox IO problem

Post by Sponk »

Have PP2000 on XP which works, and also have Diagbox 8.55 on W7 x86 which works, and even a 9.150 on W7 x86 which works.

Now I have bought a token, as I have to update the car's firmware, and have therefore downloaded Diagbox 9.146 POI from the service box.

I have tried to activate PP2000, 8.55 and 9.150 with service code, without success, and 9.146 as downloaded gives an error. The first error appears at the end of the installation “Error creating log file: The specified path was not found.“ No info on which path, so can't create one manually.

After the installation is finished and I start the Diagbox, this error comes after a while “Client Request Not received” Can't find any information on what the problem is. And I can't seem to find another version where I can activate with a service code.

Yesterday I wanted to try to install 8.55 again, and try to activate 7.02 with the service code from the beginning, but I can't seem to figure out which code to enter. If I start with RRDI, it says that it cannot be activated manually.

Trying to install on W7 x86 which meets the requirements. Any idea what I can or should do?

“Add on. On 9.150 when the network is on, it shows the network on in the Diagbox, but says missing network when searching for update. If I enter logon, it shows connection in user, in Diagbox, but still shows no network while searching for update, and when pressing the wireless sign in Diagbox, network is the only thing that is shown in green, everything else is red.”
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 27 Mar 2024, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Diagnostics Forum
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Diagbox IO problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'll really need to take that up with Citroen Service to be honest - but they'll likely question your interface, with it not being an original, so I don't hold out much hope there.

There are too many possibilities that may be causing issues, from software conflicts, hardware, device firmware, laptop, conflicting programmes on the laptop, the cloned interface etc.. so it's not going to be easy to get assistance with this.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Sponk
Donor 2024

Post by Sponk »

Yeah, they don't make it any easier 😔 You do not have a link to another version that is not pre-activated?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sorry, I don't :(

Marc
cit-rotti
Donor 2024
My Cars: C5R; C5X7; C6; SM

Post by cit-rotti »

"Have PP2000 on XP, which works, and also Diagbox 8.55 on W7 x86, which works, and even 9.150 on W7 x86, which works"
These are all "offline" versions and cannot be updated.
Anyone who wants to work with a "token" purchased from PSA must have paid access to the service hotline and work with the original DIAGBOX online software offered there.
This requires WIN 10 64 Bit Pro and the original software must be updated to the latest version via RRDI access (free of charge) - the current update is currently higher than 9.180.
The clone interface is rarely the problem - although PSA prescribes an original, many use a clone in conjunction with a token.

There are still used VCIs for 160€ on French ebay - link:

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/285646431615?ha ... R6yTjqupYw

Greetings Wolfang
Sponk
Donor 2024

Post by Sponk »

Before they closed servicebox and started demanding payment, you could update through PP2000 without problems. But after they opened up servicebox again (in my country), you can't. Requires Diagbox 9.146, there is also a link to 9.54 which does not work (the link). Version .146 requires W7 x86, newer ones can apparently also run on W10 x64.

I have a full chips, and even an older one.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok so just to clarify this....

Diagbox contains the encapsulated software for older vehicles (PP2000 & Lexia). It will launch the correct programme according to the vehicle age. With version 7.** of Diagbox one could configure certain ECUs or programme them offline manually. However, if your ECU requires a software update, it may or may not be available in the PP2000 or Lexia software already. This was the case for certain auto gearbox updates as I recall as one example.

However with V9.** of Diagbox, all the telecoding (configuring) has been moved online and to access this you need to purchase tokens and have the latest version of Diagbox installed from PSA - not a 'modified' version that you got with your hardware kit / seller. Whether this now also applies to older vehicles using PP2000 or Lexia in V9.** of Diagbox I can't confirm personally.

Marc
Sponk
Donor 2024

Post by Sponk »

Started various experiments yesterday, which I will continue today, so later today I will probably come up with an explanation of the solution, as I have done several things during experiments.

Yesterday tried to install 9.146 on W10 x64 and although the error about path still appeared, I installed .146 and logged in. Path error, comes from Diagbox but is a Windows error. Haven't been able to figure out which path is missing.

Could now update to .147 which also worked. Updated to .148 which also worked, but when I updated to .150 an error occurred after the update. But it allowed me to download 9.54 which could be installed. Whether it works as it should or whether there are errors in it, I do not know yet. The Wifi sign turned green and could log in, but the user did not turn green, although it may take a while. Error when trying to search for update, as if there was no internet connection, but maybe because there are no updates?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you are trying to update a 'modified' version of DB V9.** via the internet yourself, it may likely fail may deactivate the software, once it detects it is not the official version. This is why there are specific 'modified' releases which are not officially sanctioned.

You can of course download the official version from Citroen once you have paid for a token and activated it for the period paid for. But we can't go too much into unsupported versions here for obvious reasons. :wink:

Marc
Sponk
Donor 2024

Post by Sponk »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Mar 2024, 10:39 If you are trying to update a 'modified' version of DB V9.** via the internet yourself, it may likely fail may deactivate the software, once it detects it is not the official version. This is why there are specific 'modified' releases which are not officially sanctioned.

You can of course download the official version from Citroen once you have paid for a token and activated it for the period paid for. But we can't go too much into unsupported versions here for obvious reasons. :wink:
Yes. Is official, has several different of the many unofficial versions, but has bought token to update firmware, has RRDI number. But I have to be sure that everything works as it should before I start, as I only have a week when I first start, and sadly, if there is an error in it and Peugeot has registered the start on the vin, I will probably be a bit stressed #-o

Also only comes with updates around official versions if others encounter the same error.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so if we are talking about the official version and it has updated already, then it is likely already up to date. But be prepared for anything on the day! :)

I'm not sure what work you intend doing with Diagbox, but I recommend you first run a Global Diagnostic to ensure there are no issues.

Marc
Sponk
Donor 2024

Post by Sponk »

Read that it recommended opening port HTTP 80, HTTPS 443 and SSH 22 as I had done before installing on W10 x64, but have now tested if it has anything to say on my system, it doesn't. So does not helped on W7 x86 and install on W10 x64 runs both with open and closed ports.

On X10 x64, the versions work up to .150 which does not work. And when you have installed .146 and updated it, you can find the update files in these two folders

C:\AWRoot\dtwr\updt\Appli\Extract\MajListe\ lies MAJ_DiagBox_09.148.rar, MAJ_DiagBox_09.149.rar and MAJ_DiagBox_09.150.rar

C:\AWRoot\dtwr\updt\Appli\MAJDIST\APP\DDC\MAJ\ lies deltaDDC-7.04.01.zip (deltaDDC-8.00.05 for .150) which is also in the RAR files

If you open one of these RAR files, the unpacking information is inside FileRef.txt If you want to do it manually. Will try sometime, maybe you can get .148 on W7 x86, that way?)

If you run this C:\AWRoot\usr\DbxDownloader\DbxDownloader.exe then you can download version .58 which is located here

C:\AWRoot\usr\DbxDownloader\DestPath

Which I haven't fully tested yet, but seems to work.

Noticed that if you run a wifi test in the program and everything is as it should be, then all are marked with green (internet, ediag and serav), for "access to updates", if there are no more diagbox updates, then it is red.

.146 on W7 x86 still starts with errors and the Sim application remains red. Maybe the reason?

Version .58 can also be installed on W7 x86 and seems to work as it should.
Sponk
Donor 2024

Post by Sponk »

On W7 x86 I tried installing .146 and then copying the folders from .148 still came up with errors. Then tried to install a "hacked" version of .150 and copy .148 Still started as .150 So probably some files I haven't noticed and copied.