Bsi

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Shaprog2010
My Cars: Citroen relay 2.2 diesel

Bsi

Post by Shaprog2010 »

Hi, this is the first time I've posted anything, I hope this is the right place. I have a Citroen relay 2011 2.2 diesel which has electrical problems - parking sensors don't work, o/s tail light stops working 10 seconds after being switched on and warning light comes on dashboard, oil light and door open light stay on faintly when ignition is off, when I disconnect negative lead from the battery and then connect a light bulb to the negative lead and to the negative battery post the light comes on and pulses in brightness and there is a clicking noise from the bsi unit which matches the bulb pulsing. I have had the bsi unit tested and they told me it's OK but they say all the faults on the van point at the bsi. Sorry this is a long post but wanted to give as much info as possible. Any idea's would be a great help. Thanks in advance.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: Bsi

Post by myglaren »

Welcome!

The first step is to ensure that the battery is fully charged and is holding the charge, if it isn't then check the alternator is giving sufficient charge.

any deficiencies in battery voltage and the charging system can trigger all sorts of 'apparent' problems that are just symptoms of low voltage.
Shaprog2010

Post by Shaprog2010 »

The battery is fully charged and holds the charge as long as I disconnect the battery when I park up as the van has an permanent drain on the battery and I can't find what it is, I have pulled out all the fuses i can find one by one and there is still a drain.
HydroFreak
My Cars: Citroen C5 2007 Hdi 2.0 Estate

Post by HydroFreak »

I would simply ask how old that 'good' battery actually is. I had an apparently good battery in our C-5 but the car was throwing faults. It would crank and start the car no problems so I assumed the batter was still fine but it was a few years old. When I took the battery to be load tested at the local garage they found it wasn't actually very good at all. New battery now, no more faults. Might be an idea to get your load tested too, just a thought.
Shaprog2010

Post by Shaprog2010 »

Thanks for your reply, ci only bought the battery 2 months ago and checked it was fully charged before I fitted it. I've had the bsi checked and they said it was OK but gave me contact number for someone who supplies bsi units, as they said all the faults I have point to the bsi, could this be possible?