P0107 OBD reading.

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: P0107 OBD reading.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Citroen, Peugeot and DS Automobiles use the same diagnostic hardware. This is a VCI - the hardware and cables, plus Diagbox software that is run from a laptop. Diagbox incorporates Lexia software for Citroen vehicles pre 2007 ish and Peugeot Planet 2000 software for Peugeot vehicles pre 2007 ish. Anything after this year and Diagbox is used which is the newer software, but the system determines which is compatible and launches the correct one

The units available to Joe public are not official units - they are clones to enable the likes of us to diagnose problems - but more importantly, it has a lot of the dealer-level functionality. Se we can programme keys, undertake car-specific procedures, live data tests, actuator testing, and troubleshooting. We can also configure ECUs and options, depending on what it is you are doing.

So yes, no third party tool will be as good as a dealer level specific tool, clone or original.

Having said that, you should know that any diagnostic tool will not always be able to give you the exact problem - it can only guide you to a suspect area. That is simply because there are many factors and variables in the systems that can cause problems.

Older cars have fewer ECUs and electronic systems so this can be a blessing and a curse...

Don't expect anyone to be able to give you a guaranteed answer to your problem on a forum. You need to understand the symptoms, along with the code and try to work through the problem.

Some sensors like a MAP sensor do not provide any detailed information apart from the signal they are designed to send / receive. Others can provide more useful information - especially if it has an ECU incorporated into it. For other things, we need to rely on the engine ECU to tell us whether certain components are sending any data and whether it is the correct or expected data or not.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
aladinsane

Re: P0107 OBD reading.

Post by aladinsane »

To date this is where I am with this Saxo Map Sensor[or not problem]. I awaited delivery of a brand new Map sensor which when received I fitted, then before driving the car I tested it with the Autel OBD No codes were returned, so I thought great, tried it out on a two mile run and it ran perfectly, idled perfectly, so I assumed it would test perfectly,nevertheless I tested it and it again returned a fault. Took it out ten miles and it was dropping the revs as before and had I not give it some throttle I am sure it would have stalled. So that is that I need to look elsewhere as three Map sensors cannot be wrong and I just do not get it, unless it is an earth fault and I am not about to test three Map sensors, [wouldnt even know where to start] or get a new wiring loom, the expense is getting to me now, so I will cut my losses and take it to an auto electrician, that is if I can get it there, certainly it will not go to Citroen where I know it will cost me an arm and a leg so to speak to even check it. Again any advice would be very much appreciated, for tbh I think I may well have to scrap this car because of this problem as it is looking like an ECU problem, or is it?
Attachments
New Bosch Map Sensor
New Bosch Map Sensor