Lexia 3

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fastjet
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 mk1

Lexia 3

Post by fastjet »

Hi, could those with experience of Lexia 3 recommend one that is worth buying for home use?
Thanks.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Lexia 3

Post by GiveMeABreak »

See this link for a UK supplier that provides full chip hardware and support, plus there is a Member discount:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=57989
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
fastjet
(Donor 2020)

Post by fastjet »

Thanks
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You will also need a laptop running a 32b O/S (preferably XP or Windows 7) with 2GB RAM (any less and it will be somewhat slow!). Be aware that the Lexia software can be tricky to use (it was never designed for normal members of public to use, which also means there are no manuals on how to use it), and sometimes a bit flaky. However, it can be very useful to have (I have an Easy Diagnostics unit, and would not be without it).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
fastjet
(Donor 2020)

Post by fastjet »

Thanks for the replies. Is there anywhere were I can get the fault codes from and the parameters for any live data that I may be able to collect.
Its ok collecting the data but you need to be able to use it.
Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not quite sure I understand... The fault codes (if any) will be generated from the Global Diagnostic. Once you have these, you can select the ECU with a problem and go into the sub-menu where you will be able to read the faults and their description.

As for the live data. it depends on what test you are doing - but you can opt to save the live data and it will be saved as a PDF where you can read it in graph format later.

Marc
fastjet
(Donor 2020)

Post by fastjet »

Hi Marc, I was thinking about sensor values. Can you check that they are operating within the required range. Program a spare key, check fuel consumption on the road. Those sorts of things.
Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Regarding sensors, and depending on what it is, there may be a default reference value shown, against which you can check the actual values.

Yes you can programme your keys to the BSI (you’ll need your confidential code to do this though as part of the procedure) and will need to programme ALL the keys you have for the car in the same session regardless if the spare is working fine, or it will lock it out).

Not sure about fuel consumption though, that’s usually shown by the trip computer on the dash and wouldn’t be any different as it uses the same data to calculate the values I suspect.

Marc
fastjet
(Donor 2020)

Post by fastjet »

Thanks Marc, great help.
Rosanbo
My Cars: CITROEN C4 PICASSO EXCLUSIVE E-HDI 115 AIRDREAM (2013 MK2) (DV6C engine)

Post by Rosanbo »

Hi,

This is the cheapest UK supplier I found of what they call the "fullchip" version
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322946864430?

The fullchip refers to the ones that have a line of 7 optocouplers
The cheaper versions have 2 optocouplers.

You will not know if when it arrives it is actually fullchip version unless you unscrew and open the box.

Both versions should work, and you probably can't tell the difference in use, but fullchip is supposed to be more stable.

Here is a page showing the 7 optocouplers highlighted in a yellow box
and showing on the pic above it the chips missing highlighted in a red box
http://blog.obd2shop.co.uk/how-to-choos ... n-peugeot/

There is one UK seller on ebay who is cheaper by £1 and he does not say fullchip on his listing pictures.

If the guy I linked to is selling fullchip version that is a very good price for it considering it is (allegedly) within the UK.

When I checked aliexpress (direct sales from China) I found
the cheapest non fullchips were £30 delivered
the cheapest fullchips were £43 delivered
Unless you ask them to put a value of £18 or less on the package you could end up paying VAT if buying from China.

Whether you go for the ones on ebay or the website one which is £118 is up to you, but essentially they are the same item. You won't know the quality of any that you buy from any source unless you open it when you get it. But it is worth asking them to guarantee that there are 7 optocouplers and a TDK chip inside.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Well, first of al the advert's own description says:

But please pay attention, according to our customer's experience, this item can not works good at C5 new models

So is not much use for a lot of owners in this section. I also note that at the bottom of the page the seller information gives an address in Shenzen, China.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Exactly Paul.

@Rosanbo: I don’t think you can assume anything from the ads. It is not just the Optocouplers, there are also other chips including a resistor on some that also affect usability with some vehicles.

Also, opening any unit (they have a seal) will void your option to return it, so not recommended to do that.

The general advice is to buy from a reputable seller and from those suppliers that others have used and recommended, but your choice at the end of the day.

Marc
Rosanbo
My Cars: CITROEN C4 PICASSO EXCLUSIVE E-HDI 115 AIRDREAM (2013 MK2) (DV6C engine)

Post by Rosanbo »

Paul-R wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 09:24 Well, first of al the advert's own description says:

But please pay attention, according to our customer's experience, this item can not works good at C5 new models

From what I have been reading the C5 is a known problem for the clones. Whether this has been fixed now by the later clones I don't know. internet sellers are well known to just copy and paste from all other sellers, just like easydiag has copypasted what all the china sellers have on his website.
I think they would rather have a C5 warning in their ad to cover themselves.
I also note that at the bottom of the page the seller information gives an address in Shenzen, China.
Yes, I had missed that, it is a good indicator they are not in UK supplier, I did warn about them being allegedly in UK it is something a buyer should always check for.

easydiag gets his product direct from China, it is just a matter of getting one of a similar quality from somewhere else a lot cheaper. You should be aiming for it to be fullchip with the 7 optos, Rev C, 921815C, and TDK resistor. If you get this you will be on a par with easydiag.

The resistor is the TDK chip, again it's about looking at the alleged PCB that you will be supplied with to see that it is there. Once you have bought from China you won't be returning it anyway. And I think any UK seller should be willing to show the internals of what they are selling before you buy and guarantee that you will receive the same.... opening it should not be a problem to prove to yourself you have what you paid for. They are all, at the end of the day, selling illegal copyright infringement product. It's not exactly the same as buying a Sony TV and taking the back off before the warranty runs out.

It's all about informing yourself of what is available, finding a cheaper supplier and going for it. ...then telling your fellow forum users which supplier you used and what you got and what it was advertised as.

If I buy one I will be sure to do this.

P.S. Edit easydiag has pictures of his internal PCB, you can if you want to match that with other cheaper suppliers...I have seen the same PCB on aliexpress suppliers from China. I might even be able to link to one the same later today.
fastjet
(Donor 2020)

Post by fastjet »

So I have bought my Lexia 3 which easydiagnostics help me setup. I then tried to use it but it will not connect to my C5, it gets stuck after requesting RPO number, returns you back to a screen that asks you to select Lexia or scan tool.
Can anyone help me please?
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

That is actually working. Click on Lexia to continue.