Getting the hang of Diagbox

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TaximanRonnie
My Cars: C5 2.0 Hdi 163 Sat Nav Estate
Previous French:
Renault Laguna
Peugeot 405

Re: Getting the hang of Diagbox

Post by TaximanRonnie »

Hi Marc, I have had a chance to browse the DVD I got the software on. There is an Upgrade Folder on it. It contains a number of files,
Update v7.xx to v7.57
v7.57 to v7.58
v7.58 to v7.62
v7.62 to v7.66
v7.66 to v7.74
v7.74 to v7.76
v7.76 to v 7.82
I understand by the way they are set up the updates need to be incremental.
There is also a file called DiagBox_updt782-783_Simple which I take it to be the next step but done in a slightly different way,
Do you still suggest I only move to v7.58 or go any higher?

I think I know how to up date it especially about saving the file first. There were 'instructions' supplied with the software but not very clear.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I recommend NOT going above 7.62. V7.62 was available January 2015, so should more than cover your C5 - the other software updates are really included for newer vehicles - at the cost of losing manual telecoding functionality going forward

As for the update process - first backup your licence file as I have mentioned in my earlier post here after you have activated the software at version 7.01/2

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=59787#p571076

Regarding the updates:

Follow the guidance here:
Diagbox Update Process

As for your last question - no do not go to Version 8 - that is only for using the Diagbox 7 installer to inject the Diagbox 8 files and is a bit of a faff if you don't need it, so leave that - they are just included as I said for newer vehicles that need the later software.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
TaximanRonnie
My Cars: C5 2.0 Hdi 163 Sat Nav Estate
Previous French:
Renault Laguna
Peugeot 405

Post by TaximanRonnie »

Hi Marc, just an update where I am at. I have now had a chance to download the updates to V7.62 as you recommended. Everything went ok and the laptop rebooted automatically after the install and when it restarted and I opened the programme it did the update and started with the correct version number. I did restart the laptop after closing the programme just in case. Hopefully I will get an opportunity to run it on the vehicle in App the next couple of days.
As an aside to this you say that the later updates are for the later models and if I updated would lose some functionality? I have just ordered some software for my VAG cars (I run a small taxi firm) and I have drivers who do run later Peugeot and Citroen cars. The VAG software will ONLY run on Win7 while when I bought the DiagBox software although it stated only runs on XP the instructions also mention Win7. I intend to partition the drive and add Win7 as an alternative OS which will give me the choice to run either on the one machine. Do you think if I installed a second copy on the partition (drive) with the Win7 OS and updated to a later version for the later cars that it would work like that?

Your help and assistance so far is appreciated.

I would just add that the person I purchased the software from did list this forum as one to provide further help and guidance.
Many thanks
Ronnie
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Ronnie, yes Diagbox works fine with Windows 7 - That's what I use all the time. Again, make sure you take a copy of your licence file once installed as it will likely be different for the partition on which you install it.

As for the post 7.62 versions, there has been incremental loss of telecoding features, as PSA move more and more to programming via their servers - so some configuration and operations may be removed. But you should be fine for reading, clearing and performing most of the operations you need for everyday use no problems. The main issues are ECU configuring and where you may need to add or change configuration that the problems are likely to be.

Always ensure that network / WiFi card is enabled - but always ensure that there is no active connection to the laptop when using Diagbox or there is a risk of deactivation if you access one of the 'protected' functions - hence another reason to keep your licence file safe - so you can copy it back over to reactivate it.

With Windows 7, you should also install the Windows .NET Framework 3.5 package when using on Win 7 and make sure it is a 32 bit OS, not the 64 bit version. Link here:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downloa ... aspx?id=21
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc