Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Lexia group discount through moderator?

Post by CitroJim »

Firstly, huge thanks to Richard for doing the hard work on this :-D I popped down to see Richard this afternoon picked mine up. On the way back I met Monkeyfeet in a garden centre just off the M1 and handed over his...

I am very happy to report that on a brief test on Rattiva it works a treat. It was a hard test as the only laptop I currently have that is suitable has a broken screen so to test it on a car I had to lug the laptop and a 17" monitor out to the car...

Installation of the software is Ok but activation is not clearly described. It's nothing like the instructions say it is but it does work when you read around it. If you need any assistance in understanding activation, give me a shout...

I have a minor problem with the interface drivers; they install but the 'Found New Hardware' Wizard starts on each reboot, runs and reports it was unable to complete the operation. If you cancel the wizard when it's attempted to run all works fine until next reboot. I had a chat with Chris570 about it and he reckons it's because the build of XP on the laptop I'm using is a bit weary. I didn't notice this problem on Richard#s laptop when we installed his so I'll rebuild the laptop with a clean copy of XP and see how that goes...

The Lexia, in common with other clones it seems, will access all ECU's except the climate ECU. That may be me as Rattiva's is a bit of an unknown quantity anyway...

I'm very happy :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D I have a Lexia again. Now I just need a screen for my Lexia laptop....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

What make/model is your laptop Jim?
I have a few cabbaged laptops here.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Got a HP 15.4" screen one (think its a 6310) that is doing nothing but sitting in a shelf that you can have Jim
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Thanks for the laptop offers but I do have a new screen for this Dell in the pipeline and besides, I've just installed a fresh build of XP on it and reinstalled and activated the Lexia software. That's cured my niggly interface driver problem and the whole thing works much better now :-D

And a big thank you to Monkeyfeet for spotting this offer and letting us all know :-D I think we can say it's a good 'un and recommended to any others who may like to do a group buy.

Steve, you can put me back on the list of those offering Lexia services again now :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I've had a brief play with mine, on the HDi it won't access the A/C ecu but it access's it and all the other ecu's on the VSX, so far I'm very pleased with it, at some point over the next week I'll try it on the C3.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

CitroJim wrote:Thanks for the laptop offers but I do have a new screen for this Dell in the pipeline and besides, I've just installed a fresh build of XP on it and reinstalled and activated the Lexia software. That's cured my niggly interface driver problem and the whole thing works much better now :-D
- Ah, no Dell ones. HP & PB only IIRC.

And a big thank you to Monkeyfeet for spotting this offer and letting us all know :-D I think we can say it's a good 'un and recommended to any others who may like to do a group buy.

Steve, you can put me back on the list of those offering Lexia services again now :)
Consider it done Jim.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: Consider it done Jim.
Thanks Steve :-D I got my HP laptop back from Siany yesterday and installed the Lexia on that. Today I gave it a good thrashing and on the V6 I can access every ECU, including the Climate ECU although it took two goes...

Still no access to the Climate ECU on Rattiva though...

The only bug I've found is reading alarm operates in the CPH on both cars. The Lexia reads them OK and then locks up - needing a reboot of the laptop to clear.

I've also reprogrammed the Alarm functions on Rattiva but not been brave enough to try reprogramming a key yet...

I'm now installing Plant Peugeot to see if that will happily co-exist with Lexia on the same laptop...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Peugeot Planet seems to coexist happily with Lexia but I can't fully test just yet as I have no suitable Peugeot here. I'll have to wait until Robyn next visits... I'm happy that Lexia works fine with Peugeot Planet installed.

Peugeot Planet seems nowhere near as slick as Lexia though and all the function keys do different things :twisted:

One thing I found, if you use McAfee Antivirus on the laptop it makes the Lexia run slowly; disable the Mcafee On-Access Scanner whilst using the Lexia but do disconnect from the Internet first and make sure the laptop has no Internet access whilst the scanner is disabled!!!
Jim

DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:The only bug I've found is reading alarm operates in the CPH on both cars. The Lexia reads them OK and then locks up - needing a reboot of the laptop to clear.
Mine did the same, I managed to get out of it by using F9, a bit of a nuisance though as you can't read the last 15 causes of the alarm being set off.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
garrydog
My Cars:

Post by garrydog »

Yes put me down for one ,let me know the price?
2004 C5 VTR 2.0L HDI hatchback.
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

garrydog wrote:Yes put me down for one ,let me know the price?
If anyone else wants a Lexia post here or send me a pm and if you want I'll collate the numbers then contact the seller to see what he'll offer, I've been in contact with him since we bought our three and he appears amenable to further bulk discount offers.

I've just had a further play with mine this afternoon, in particular with remote and immobiliser programming on my HDi which worked as per the genuine Lexia, later this week I'll try the same on the C3.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Monkeyfeet
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: C5:Hatch & an Esatate. Real cruisemobiles.

Post by Monkeyfeet »

Hi chaps, hope you had a good Christmas.
Just be treble sure about the kits we've bought - I fired mine up on the C5 today and all went very well indeed. Haven't locked anything up yet but I don't think I've dabbled as deeply as Richard and Jim, well not yet anyway...... (bit scared to be honest!) There are many options and sub menus to be explored. When I know more then hopefully I could add myself to the Lexia owners list in the future.
XantiaTD's(all gone). BXGTi, sold (sob). C5 2.2Hdi SE Exc Hatch. C5 2.2 Estate auto. Xsara Hdi estate. Yam YZF750, Zoom. GSX-S750, mmm.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

DickieG wrote:
Activa_Mike wrote:I believe from another mutual acquaintance (who's currently driving around Europe in a VW camper) that you're not far from my place of work in Staines.
Ah Mr Chapman I presume.

Don't you mean Staines upon Thames? :roll:
Activa_Mike wrote:If you could spare the time, that would be excellent. I just want to get the Berlingo checked over and make sure there's no faults with it. I can't see that there will be, as everything bar the horn works, and I don't think that's connected to the BSI.
No problem, give me a shout when you want to pop over, re the horn check the contacts behind the airbag.
It is indeed Mr Chapman. I'll send you a PM about the rest, my quoting skills aren't great and whatever I reply will end up unreadable!
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I've just used mine on the C3 (a facelift 56 reg) and it communicated perfectly, I then programmed the keys and had no problem other than one key is defective and has numerous recordings of that fact in the Bsi's past history (a fault with the key not the Lexia).

Overall I must say I'm very impressed and can from my experiences so far recommend this Lexia kit as working and well worth the money :-D
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
DickieG
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Monkeyfeet wrote:Hi chaps, hope you had a good Christmas.
Just be treble sure about the kits we've bought - I fired mine up on the C5 today and all went very well indeed. Haven't locked anything up yet but I don't think I've dabbled as deeply as Richard and Jim, well not yet anyway...... (bit scared to be honest!) There are many options and sub menus to be explored. When I know more then hopefully I could add myself to the Lexia owners list in the future.
If you want some guidance on using it give me call.

If you find yourself in a situation where Lexia doesn't allow you to go backwards such as looking through some of the programming modes don't keep pressing 'validate' as you'll end up potentially re-programming something you don't want to, its far better to remove the Lexia cable from the car socket then press validate and Lexia will then state "loss of communication" and then allow you to go backwards to the main menu.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH