Displaying speed limits for all roads (RT6)

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Y Cymro
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 2.0hdi Exclusive Auto

Displaying speed limits for all roads (RT6)

Post by Y Cymro »

On my eMyWay RT6 sat nav, road speed limits are shown only on Motorways which is less than useful as A and B roads are more likely to have fluctuating limits.
Is there a way/upgrade to display them for all roads?
The unit has the latest firmware 2.86 and newest 2017_2 maps.
Thanks
2013 Citroen C5 Exclusive Tourer, 2.0 HDI Automatic with Techno pack
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Displaying speed limits for all roads

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, unfortunately this isn't possible. The risk areas is a separate update and can be got from several places quite cheaply. The risk areas are locations of the fixed speed cameras and risk areas released each month. So first, get this updated to make sure you have the latest database.

Then make sure you have gone in and set the alerts up to show what you want.

The Speed Camera Radar File updates on the FIXED speed cameras and the Speed Limits where these are located. Where the speed limits in an area of speed cameras varies considerably, you will get a warning that you entering a 'Risk Zone' - then it's up to you to watch the variable speed limits. The problem is that speed limits on roads can change very frequently and it wouldn't be possible to do these on all roads. So the priority is high risk areas and on major and A roads wherever possible.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Y Cymro
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 2.0hdi Exclusive Auto

Re: Displaying speed limits for all roads

Post by Y Cymro »

Thanks Marc
I updated the Risk Areas after I recently installed the new maps. With the number of speed cameras used in South Wales I thought it might become annoying but it must warn of only the most frequently used spots so it's ok. I didn't notice it displaying the speed limit when it alerts but I was focussing on looking for the camera so it could well have done.
2013 Citroen C5 Exclusive Tourer, 2.0 HDI Automatic with Techno pack