DS5 intermittent working satnav/radio

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: RichardW

Lynnzer

Re: DS5 intermittent working satnav/radio

Post by Lynnzer » 09 Jun 2019, 21:15

I can't see any harm doing a maps update. I got mine from the forum I got the firmware. Works a treat.
I guess that the satnav data is also stored on the sd card so it's more than likely that you need to install it again.
Haven't had the sd card delivered for the firmware installation yet and it's pee'd down all weekend so not really what I wanted.
Pleased to see that at least the basics of the head unit are functioning though with you as it points to the sd card being corrupted in some way as suspected.

Hutch

Post by Hutch » 09 Jun 2019, 22:17

Yeah might give that a go then and download the maps.

Just a heads up when you follow the instructions for the battery disconnect/re connect I had 2 issues.

1. It says to take off the negative terminal from the battery - I couldn't find access to it so I disconnected the positive instead.

2. When you re-connect the battery the instructions say to NOT open the door, however I had to so I could sit inside. Because it then says to hold the lock button to sync the key fob, when I did this the window went up which meant I couldn't continue the next step.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 09 Jun 2019, 23:41

It's likely you will need to reload your mapping software on then - as the database will need to be rebuilt. If you have your original maps on USB - try putting that in and letting it update.

Hutch

Post by Hutch » 10 Jun 2019, 22:28

RESULT

The map update worked and now I have a fully functioning radio, Bluetooth and Satnav all for under £20.

The only niggle is that it comes up Peugeot when I start the car but I'm not bothered.

Thank you everyone for your help especially Marc, I really appreciate it.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 11 Jun 2019, 08:15

No problem, glad thats worked for you 👍

The marque can be changed through ECU configuration, but needs Diagbox to do it. Sometimes the reversing sensors may need configuring too by the same means if you have any issues. Well done.

Lynnzer

Post by Lynnzer » 14 Jun 2019, 15:58

Well just round to doing mine. Pretty simple if I may say. However still nothing working.
I still can't eject the cd and have tried all the usual things.
On thinking about it, I don't think - or should I say that I'm certain it isn't actually spinning. I would hear that.
If it was spinning I could probably use another cd to prise it into the eject.

So, spin fixes please. Why is it not spinning?
Also, even though it's stuck and not spinning, I still occasionally get a crc check showing on the otherwise blank screen then a warning that an upgrade is being prepared which never goes very far.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 14 Jun 2019, 16:43

Is this the original firmware CD or a blank CD that you burned the firmware onto? If this is 'home burnt' CD, the file format can cause issues with the system constantly trying to recognise the CD. Ot must be burned at the lowest speed possible (certainly no more the 4x speed) and secondly the format must be Joliet only, not ISO / Joliet.
As for ejecting it, try a long press on the eject button. If that fails, it's unit out time, undoing some screws and trying to locate the CD from the front end and pulling it out carefully. This is a video for and RD4 unit on an X7, but yours will be different no doubt.