Laguna cutting out

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chip63
My Cars:

Laguna cutting out

Post by chip63 »

I recently bought a 1998 laguna 2.0 5 door,which is a great car to look at and drive except when ive been driving for 30 mins or there abouts it starts to cut out plus the temp gauge seems to go straight to half way from the start...so 2 questions...
Q1...has anyone else had the cutting out problem and if so what was the cause and solution..???
Q2...does the temp gauge go to half way on all lagunas ????
trevwoody
My Cars:

Post by trevwoody »

I had a couple of similar experiences with my Laguna cutting out. Very worrying on the M25 at 80!
Mine is 1995 2.0 RT. The garage replaced the starter motor (I had some non starts), distributor and rotor arm - one of these fixed the problem.
As for the temperature, I suffer from high temp too. This is my second Laguna and it runs a lot hotter than my first. I get to around 2/3rds regularly! I love the sight of steam from my bonnet...
No solution or explanation why this would be.
abbaza
My Cars:

Post by abbaza »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chip63</i>

I recently bought a 1998 laguna 2.0 5 door,which is a great car to look at and drive except when ive been driving for 30 mins or there abouts it starts to cut out plus the temp gauge seems to go straight to half way from the start...so 2 questions...
Q1...has anyone else had the cutting out problem and if so what was the cause and solution..???
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
abbaza
My Cars:

Post by abbaza »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chip63</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I just bought a Laguna 2.2 Diesel RT. As soon as I drive few miles and it warms up, the Temp gauge goes to the max, but no warning light. The garage people said it's the Thermostat which they will replace. So I think you might need to change your thermostat.
I will keep you posted when I get it back.
My other problem is that the STOP light on the panel goes on occasionally with the handbrake light. Anyone know what it could be?