K reg 1.2 Clio (advice please)

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

woodhead722

K reg 1.2 Clio (advice please)

Post by woodhead722 »

We have been offered the above to buy in a few weeks time £300, 49K on clock, 1 months MOT.
Whats your feelings please if you have owned one?
Any good or what?
Just need reliable run around.
Cheers!
andrewhall
My Cars:

Post by andrewhall »

Hi
Bought the wife a runaround 18 Months ago - A Clio 1.2 Oasis 3door
Zippy around town but not great at long distances. Only problem encountered was with the alternator - Easy change apart from the room around it. Overall she is very happy with it. She gets 40 - 45 mpg. Price looks OK. Don't know whether the one you are looking at is a 3 or 5 door. My wife says that if she could turn back the clock, she would have prefered the 5 door.
Hope that helps
Andrew
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

I think the price is a bit steep for such a short MOT. If I was selling a car with a short MOT I would get it renewed unless it was going to be an expensive one.
It might be an idea to take it for a test before you buy it, just to see what it needs. You could quite easily double the cost if there's much wrong, especially if you don't do your own repairs.
woodhead722

Post by woodhead722 »

Good points!
The seller is my boss! It's his wife's car, and she is having his, he's due a company car. We have the chance for a test ride etc, and in honesty assuming its OK it SEEMS a good price.
They have had for 1 yr, and a lady owner before them. It apparently needs no water / oil top ups.
Any more help gratefully rec'd!
woodhead722

Post by woodhead722 »

£300 cost and about £120 to pass test (discs, pads, headlamp,and adjust back brakes), including fee. Repaired small puncture hole near passenger lock myself at no more cost.
Now on road. Thanks for advice!
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Sounds like you got a pretty good deal then.
delbirt
My Cars:

Post by delbirt »

Clio is usually reliable I was at an auction yesterday, M & N 1.2 cost £175 & £375 R reg 1.2 cost £700. Best going for M reg or newer if poss.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by delbirt</i>

Clio is usually reliable I was at an auction yesterday, M & N 1.2 cost £175 & £375 R reg 1.2 cost £700. Best going for M reg or newer if poss.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
So £420 for a car with a known history and 12 months MOT is a good deal then! The age doesn't matter, gimme an older known car than a newer "auction special" any day.
They're not in the auction for nothing, you know [;)]