laguna central locking

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

woodsie

laguna central locking

Post by woodsie »

i have a 97 laguna but the central locking wont work from the key fob,ive changed both batteries with no success,the central locking works from the switch in the car so i know it works any help would be much appreciated
jon bda
My Cars:

Post by jon bda »

Sounds like it needs to be reset by a dealer?. Don't know if theres anyway to do it yourself (i know there is a way with Ford remote locking), i'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon...
[:)]
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Try this.
Sit inside the vehicle and press the key remote for a min of 10 seconds or untill the red indicator on the key goes out. When the light on the key goes out release the key button and then press twice in succession. This is from a megan manual but should be the same through out the Renault range. Also this is what to do after changing the key battery. This procecdure is to synchronise the key to the car.
clio_laguna

Post by clio_laguna »

shot in the dark make sure all is clean inside the blip where the battery contacts are inside
roaddigger58
My Cars:

Post by roaddigger58 »

I TRIED ALL THE ABOVE REMEDIES WHEN MY LAGUNA KEY FOB LOST ITS CODE.A DEALER CHARGED ME THIRTY QUID TO TELL ME IT COULD NOT RETAIN ITS CODE,AND A NEW ONE IS 147 POUNDS!THEY ALSO NEED TO HAVE MY GOOD KEY AND THE CAR TO FIX IT! RENAULT GUARD THIER CODES WITH A VENGEANCE,I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND ANYONE HERE IN CORNWALL TO DO IT.SORRY TO BE ALL DOOM AND GLOOM SO NEAR XMAS.!!!
roaddigger58
My Cars:

Post by roaddigger58 »

AFTER WRITING THE ABOVE MESSAGE,I DUG OUT THE OLD BATTERIES THAT WERE IN MY KEY FOB WHEN IT PACKED UP.AFTER PUTTING THEM BACK IN AGAIN I WAS ASTOUNDED TO SEE THAT THE RED LIGHT WAS FLASHING AGAIN!WIFEY CANE HOME WITH CAR,AND I WAS EVEN MORE AMAZED WHEN THE FOB WORKED OK!IT HAS BEEN REDUNDANT FOR 8 MONTHS.I AM LIKE A KID WITH A NEW TOY,A 150 POUND XMAS PRESSIE.MAYBE IT WAS THE CONTACTS ,BUT I TRIED ALLSORTS WHEN IT PACKED UP,I AM GLAD I NEVER GAVE THE BUGGERS MY DOSH.MERRY XMAS TO YOU ALL.[:)]
netsetandgo
My Cars:

Post by netsetandgo »

Just in passing, the sensor for the key is up in the roof (behind the courtesy lamp/electric sunroof controls) and it's not unusual for the loom to fail feeding it. Mine had the earth go open circuit and the blip would not work (or the sunroof). A new wire was run to the chassis and solved my problem. It's a bit of a **** if you need to replace the keys as the imobiliser block needs to be changed with it (£90 is quid) plus the keys, plus putting it on clip to set it up. Check the wiring upstairs first ;-0