Where Can I Buy A Rear Wheel Hub From?

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Meganic

Where Can I Buy A Rear Wheel Hub From?

Post by Meganic »

Are they purchasable?
The bearing is out but the casing is welded inside the hub, at present waiting to hear if a mate has managed to get it out but if not I'm wondering if I can just buy a new hub.
Cheers
mikgram

Post by mikgram »

I would get the phone book out and ring up some scrapyards car breakers if you buy a used hub with bearing have a look at it for wear.if you want a new hub and bearing phone some motor factors try
2 or 3 they can vary in price as can scrapyards.
Meganic

Post by Meganic »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mikgram</i>

I would get the phone book out and ring up some scrapyards car breakers if you buy a used hub with bearing have a look at it for wear.if you want a new hub and bearing phone some motor factors try
2 or 3 they can vary in price as can scrapyards.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Cheers for the tips [:)]
Do you know if you can you purchase them with the bearing already in new or would it just be the hub?
I already have the bearing but if it comes as a kit, it'll possibly be easier.
mikgram

Post by mikgram »

if you get a hub from the scrapyard there is a good chance that it
will have the bearing, if not put the bearing in the freezer overnight and {when the wife is out} put the hub in the oven the hub expands the bearing contracts tap it in with a drift (piece of wood}
in a garage they have a 200lbs hydraulic press
Meganic

Post by Meganic »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mikgram</i>

if you get a hub from the scrapyard there is a good chance that it
will have the bearing, if not put the bearing in the freezer overnight and {when the wife is out} put the hub in the oven the hub expands the bearing contracts tap it in with a drift (piece of wood}
in a garage they have a 200lbs hydraulic press
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Oh my!
Cheers for the tips!
The bearing case is now out of the hub, so no new hub needed, new bearing waiting to go in, hope it's not gonna be too much hassle, but if so, I will follow the above, no need to worry about the wife, I am she [;)] [:D]
Meganic

Post by Meganic »

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Your tips worked a treat, my baby is back on the road again [:D]