warning light

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

radar
My Cars:

warning light

Post by radar »

my other half has rang me up about her petrol clio which has a strange warning light appearing and staying on she decribes it as an orange light with a zig zag looking like mountains and a glow plug element below it, I cant figure it out plus I have never sat in her clio or driven it and to top it all shes 300 miles away anyone help whats this light as its a long walk home
cheers radar
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Sounds like the light indicating a problem with the engine management system to me? Could be a problem or simply a dodgy sensor. I suggest seeking professional advice in the form of a diagnostic check if she's that far away.
Alan S
caeclyd
My Cars:

Post by caeclyd »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
my other half has rang me up about her petrol clio which has a strange warning light appearing and staying on she decribes it as an orange light with a zig zag looking like mountains and a glow plug element below it, I cant figure it out plus I have never sat in her clio or driven it and to top it all shes 300 miles away anyone help whats this light as its a long walk home
cheers radar

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
caeclyd
My Cars:

Post by caeclyd »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
cheers radar
I had a similar problem on a Peugeot 306. The vacuum pipe leading into the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor had split loosing vacuum, this in turn sent the engine management system ape s**t, as a result un burnt or a rich fuel mixture was entering the exhaust system. It then went acroee the Lambda sensor (the large sensor in your exhaust manifold with the two wires sticking out)£150 !! Has a spark plug deteriorated causing a mis-fire? the sensor you mentioned is very sensetive to any faults in the ignition system.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>