Laguna 2 HID Headlight Bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

duxster

Laguna 2 HID Headlight Bulbs

Post by duxster »

Hi all
Just got a big shock from my local renault dealer.... I contacted them for a price for a replacement HID Xenon headlight bulb for my Laguna 2 and I was glad I was sat down!!!!
£150.97 + VAT each!!!!!! (just the bulb)
I know that other cars like BMW, Audi etc use this type of light and I was wondering is anyone knew if the buld is specific to the car or is it like other bulbs where a H7 fits the majority?
The reason I ask is that I know someone who works for a garage and can get massive discounts on german car parts and therefore could get the bulb through him but I need to know if they are standard fitting?
Cheers
Robert
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Chances are that it's a normal Bosch or Marelli item; have you had a look for any part numbers on the bulb itself and tried a cross reference in Google or such like?
You can be sure that Renault pay as little as possible which normally means it's the same as a few other manufacturers' units.
duxster

Post by duxster »

I have thought about taking it out but I have been advised that you should not mess about with HID bulbs as the discharge system carries enough current to kill you!!
Also I don't want to break one if they cost that much!!!
Cheers
mikgram

Post by mikgram »

headlamp bulbs timing belts genral service spares are often cheaper
from A Motor Factor {yellow pages} its worth trying even if you only save a Tenner