Defect Navi/Radio

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

renojim
My Cars: 2012 Renault Megane Mk III 1.5 Diesel

Defect Navi/Radio

Post by renojim »

Hi My Navi/radio doesn't function. Navi switches on but doesn't go any further than that. Just shows Analog clock. Radio won't fucntion at all. :( :( :( :(
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: Defect Navi/Radio

Post by Paul-R »

Has it ever worked? How long have you had the vehicle?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
renojim

Post by renojim »

Hi There.
Everything was working perfectly until Monday. I connected my trailer to the car. While checking that everything worked. I noticed that the indicators were not working. I tried disconnecting the tailer cable to see if I had not put the socket in correctly. I then noticed that my car indicatores were not working at the back. The front and the mirror indicator was blinking, but very fast. On checking the rear of the car I noticed that the rear bulbs were flashing. also very fas, bit very dim. As if they were only getting a few volts.
On hgetting into the car I then noticed that my navi had a blank screen other than the analog clock,
I switched the engine off and back on again. Checked the Navi/radoi and found that I got the Renault logo on my display then nothing for a while, then the clock again. The Radio does nothing at all.
I found a fuse at the rear of the car had blown. Replaced this and the indicators worked again until yesterday. I drove off from home put the indicators on to turn and found that they wwr flashing fas and only at the front as before.
Pulled every fuse from the fuse box behind the glove box and found that every one was ok. Still no indicators at the back and no Navi/Radio.
renojim

Post by renojim »

I have only had the car a few months. Have had absolutely no problems with up until this episode.
Axa
My Cars: 2008 Renault Grand Espace 2.0dci Auto.
2006 Citroën C5 1.6hdi.

Post by Axa »

Did you find any solution to this? Our Navi screen went completely dark a few years ago and still is. No clock no thermometer. At night time some back light can be seen, but still black screen
2006 C5 1.6 HDi ( vin: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] )
2008 Grand Espace 2.0Dci Auto