Beep, Beep Driving me nuts (Renault Master)

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

johnmowcop

Beep, Beep Driving me nuts (Renault Master)

Post by johnmowcop »

:rofl2: Hello, I would appreciate some help please. FOUND IT! EVERYONE STOP LOOKING> TURNED OUT TO BE THE SMOKE ALARM FITTED TO THE LIVING ACCOMMODATION AREA> BATTERIES WERE LOW>
Not a car I know but I will give this a try.
Renault Master 2007 done 22k miles (its a motorhome base vehicle).
No problems in the last four years or so (actually very pleased with the vehicle, plenty of power and cruises well) but today as soon as I switched it on it beeps (a high pitched short sharp beep), it does this every 60 secs whether the ignition is on or not, even when the key is out and the door locked it I think it is still beeping. Also, the little red light in the dash that I believe is the immobiliser light, but not sure about that, goes out when driving but flashes quite frequently when ignition off and key removed ( I cannot recall if it did that before). Anyone able to give me a diagnosis and prognosis, it would help me to keep out of the clutches of the dealer.

The only unusual thing I have done lately is last weekend I washed the outside of the vehicle down with a power spray, no concentrated close up spraying mind, just plenty of water on the oudtside of the vehicle. I did not feel I was overly enthusiastic just mentioning it as being the only out of the ordinary thing the vehicle has been involved with. I normally wash off with bucket and sponge.
Thanks
JohnT
Last edited by johnmowcop on 02 Jul 2017, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
ekjdm14
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: '95 Xantia 1.9D automatic - 118k one of two? remaining
'97 306 1.6 XS, 24k, The ex-Haynes "Max Power" display car. Bought after being written off & stripped, now being rebuilt without the wide body
'96 ZX 1.9TD SX, 81k new resurrection project saved from the scrapper

Re: Beep, Beep Driving me nuts (Renault Master)

Post by ekjdm14 »

Is it definitely still doing this with the key out & locked? Not familiar with this vehicle but I know PSA stereos bleep constantly when they're not coded to the vehicle, otherwise could it be a service reminder/ diagnostics warning? Any warning lights when running?

Sorry I can't be more definite, hopefully it's something simple though like a door (or bonnet) switch that could have got wet. I'd check these first I think in case it thinks one is constantly open. FWIW I'd imagine the immobiliser LED would flash when it's armed anyway
'95 Xantia LX 1.9D-auto, Black, 118k
'97 306 XS 1.6i, Blaze Yellow, 24k
'96 ZX SX 1.9TD rolling shell, White, 81k
johnmowcop

Re: Beep, Beep Driving me nuts (Renault Master)

Post by johnmowcop »

Hello ekjdm, thanks for responding, answers below:

Is it definitely still doing this with the key out & locked? (Yes: I stand outside the locked door and can still here the beep at 60 sec intervals). Not familiar with this vehicle but I know PSA stereos bleep constantly when they're not coded to the vehicle, otherwise could it be a service reminder/ diagnostics warning? Any warning lights when running? (No warning lights when running).

Sorry I can't be more definite, hopefully it's something simple though like a door (or bonnet) switch that could have got wet. (checked both drivers and passenger door switches, they seem to be working ok I can hear them "click" when pushing in. Not tried the bonnet switch, i will have a look at that) I'd check these first I think in case it thinks one is constantly open. FWIW I'd imagine the immobiliser LED would flash when it's armed anyway