2.2 dci g9t/g9u engine query?

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ian27
My Cars: Laguna's and master van

2.2 dci g9t/g9u engine query?

Post by Ian27 »

I'm a newbie on here and hope someone can answer my question... I have a master van with a 2.2dci g9t engine that's blown and a couple of Laguna 2.2 with what looks like the same engine...can I use one of these engines to put in my van or is there some major difference I can't see? Hope someone can help as I really want my van back on the road but 2nd hand engines cost so much...
Ian27

Re: 2.2 dci g9t/g9u engine query?

Post by Ian27 »

Nobody?????
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Post by daviemck2006 »

You need to give it some time to get an answer mate. We're not all glued to our screens! Your not getting ignored!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Ian27

Post by Ian27 »

Sorry just been a bit impatient
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Well, while I cannot help with your query, I can welcome you to the forum. :welc:

Give it time, somebody who is Renault knowledgeable will turn up and give you some information. It is just that the weather is better than normal for this time of year, so everybody is out enjoying it!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

In the mean time theres a few checks that could point you in the right direction. Are the engine codes exactly the same? Is the stated power and torque the same? Do they look the same (like has one got a different shape manifold). Do they take the same amount of oil for a service?
I don't know the answer, but if I was working it out I'd look at these things as well as the engine mounts on both. I daresay they are interchangeable but you will need to swap a fair few bits over, don't take my word for it though as I'm guessing.
Ian27

Post by Ian27 »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Well, while I cannot help with your query, I can welcome you to the forum. :welc:

Give it time, somebody who is Renault knowledgeable will turn up and give you some information. It is just that the weather is better than normal for this time of year, so everybody is out enjoying it!
Thanks for the welcome
Ian27

Post by Ian27 »

elma wrote:In the mean time theres a few checks that could point you in the right direction. Are the engine codes exactly the same? Is the stated power and torque the same? Do they look the same (like has one got a different shape manifold). Do they take the same amount of oil for a service?
I don't know the answer, but if I was working it out I'd look at these things as well as the engine mounts on both. I daresay they are interchangeable but you will need to swap a fair few bits over, don't take my word for it though as I'm guessing.
Well I'm no expert by any means and won't actually be performing the transplants so to me they kind of look the same...
Ian27

Post by Ian27 »

Bump