Clio remote central locking reprogramming?

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dad2B
My Cars:

Clio remote central locking reprogramming?

Post by Dad2B »

Does anyone out there know how to reprogram the clio remote central locking system as our car is a '99 1.2 RT and has decide to stop recognising the key fob signal, Renault have told me it will be £85 to replace the fob, and £35 to reprogram the system. As most of the cars we've owned in the past have had a simple sequence of presses of the key fob, whilst in the ignition, we are hoping that someone out there may know the secret that Renault are so keen to guard!
Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks G'n'J Jobey, Lancashire.[:(!][:(]
andya
My Cars:

Post by andya »

Hard luck Dad2b
Renault plips can only be done with dealer equipment and a 4 digit code obtained from ren UK. I have never heard of anyone else being able to do it.
£35 is a bit steep as it only takes 10 Mins at the most
Dad2B
My Cars:

Post by Dad2B »

Thanks for the info on the plip. Do you know if it is possible to reprogram a second hand key? as I think our plip has stopped transmiting the signal all together, the light still flashes but your not getting in!
andya
My Cars:

Post by andya »

Hi
No you cant reprogram a 2nd hand key as they are manufactured to a specific number relevent to each individual car. The dealers have you by the short and curlies basically.
Cheers
Andy
BOSSMAN
My Cars:

Post by BOSSMAN »

Renault keep all their codes secret, but you can solve this one in onother way,,I did, I bought an alarm which also switched the C/L as well,wifes clio had no alarm so i fitted one with immobiliser,, I managed to throw clios remote about 70yds.. She now uses alarm remote to operate C/L and all the rest,as she said BRILLIANT,, and it will work up to about 30yds as well