2015 Captur -- reliability reputation?

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MortyDK
My Cars:

2015 Captur -- reliability reputation?

Post by MortyDK »

Dear all,

I'm a longtime Citroën driver myself, and have learned so much from the great people on this forum.

Now my parents are buying a new 2015/2016 Renault Captur with automatic transmission, and the 120 bhp petrol engine a.k.a. TCe 120 EDC.

Over Christmas we came to discuss whether to get a 4- or 5-year service agreement on their new car. I personally would prefer a service agreement, because it transfers risk -- it acts like an insurance; if something expensive breaks then that's a problem for Renault, not for my elderly Mum and Dad.

One important part of the decision to get a service agreement is the expected reliability of this specific model. So can I please ask:
  • What is the reputation of the Captur -- does it tend to break down, or is it very reliable?
  • What is the rep of the automatic 6-speed transmission, reliable or not?
  • And the TCe 120 EDC engine?
Thank you very much! :)
Xantia 2000 2.0 16V 132 BHP petrol
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: 2015 Captur -- reliability reputation?

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I can't help with the reliability question but my neighbour in his recent new car purchase managed to negotiate (squeeze out of them) :) a long term warranty for free.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Re: 2015 Captur -- reliability reputation?

Post by demag »

My son has a 2015 Captur with the 1.5 diesel. It's manual and seems to be a nice car. The only comment I will pass is to say for such a big looking car there's not much room. I can't work out where all the room has gone. It seems cluttered in the front and there's not much legroom in the back and it has a quite small boot. I would say there is more room in my Kia Venga than the Captur although the Renault is definitely quieter. It's been ok so far with no problems. I'm not sure what auto box they use, a lot of companies use Asian manufactured adaptive boxes these days. I did once have a drive in a Kia Soul with a six speed auto and it was impossible to feel the changes, totally smooth and linear. Do you know if it is a "proper" auto box, or one like the Citroen Sensotronic? Which is like a manual box with electronic gearchange.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.