Fuel flap not opening.

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Fuel flap not opening.

Post by daviemck2006 »

I have a problem on the megane. I went to put petrol in it, 40 miles from home late last night when fuel light was on and the fuel flap won open. I locked and unlocked the car several times, still no joy. I got home, but now the car is sitting outside with no fuel in it and the flap won't open. Any ideas what to try before I get destructive? At least I have the horse to feel me mobile!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Gingerposer
My Cars:

Re: Fuel flap not opening.

Post by Gingerposer »

There's possibly a backup method of opening it - had a quick look on google, you might find a release cable for it located in the boot, accessed by pulling back a bit of the carpet.
Current: Other non-specified Japanese vehicle
Previous French cars:
Xsara 2.0 SX (sold)
Xantia 1.8 Forte (still going strong)
ZX 1.9TD (deceased)
Pug 406 TD (unknown)
daviemck2006
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Far too many good ones to remember. Many BL, Vauxhall, Ford, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, and now VAG

Re: Fuel flap not opening.

Post by daviemck2006 »

I've looked on a Renault megane owners club forum, which I really must join, it looks quite good and chatty, it seems it's a not uncommon problem. If I take out the side boot carpet I will find a solenoid which works a locking pin, the pin has a habit of sticking which can knacker the solenoid. Should be easy to fix then. No time just now, decorating the hall and stairs. It gives an excuse to run about in the 205. It's fun, even though it's only a 1.1. The megane is boring. No fun, no excitement, it is a do what it says on the tin, no more.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen relay camper 2012
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2