2001 Scenic 1.4 Few issues.

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

2001 Scenic 1.4 Few issues.

Post by demag »

This car still amazes me but has developed a couple of issues.

1, A creak from the left hand rear when going over speed bumps or uneven surfaces. It appears to be suspension related, I have sprayed WD40 on the bottom shocker bush to see if that will help. There doesn't seem to be any unnatural lean on the wheel so I assume the arm bearings are ok. And it is just a squeak/creak, no knocking.

2, Lumpy running when cold, which lasts just for a few minutes until the temp gauge starts to move. However sometimes when the engine is warm it feels like it's bogging down when pulling away so not sure if this is related. I read that the mixture is controlled by a temperature sender on the engine which feeds data to the ecu. If these start to fail it upsets the mixture. Sounds about right but which sender? I see them advertised on ebay but not sure if they are the right one. Does anyone know?
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: 2001 Scenic 1.4 Few issues.

Post by lexi »

Don't know about temp sender type. Give it a clean first anyway. Maybe clean around throttle too.
Check your rear coil spring. Get in with the torch. Sometimes they break down at bottom of seat. The spring stays same length but is separating slightly as spring moves when under way.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Re: 2001 Scenic 1.4 Few issues.

Post by steelcityuk »

For the creaking search for Renault 0826A service document.

Steve.
not applicable