Clio-Windscreen Washer Motor Replacement

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Clio-Windscreen Washer Motor Replacement

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Just done this little job, and the washers are back working again.

The new washer motor was under £10 from eurocarparts, but as ever there were a few little difficulties to overcome.

To access the washer reservoir the two plastic scuttle panels under the windscreen have to be removed, drivers side first, then passenger side.

The passenger side does require removal of the windscreen wipers, which I discovered were stubbornly solidly attached to the splines of the wiper linkage. I only had wd40 available to help with the dismantling, plus gas would have been much better, but the 15 minute job turned into 2 hours by the time the wipers eventually popped off.

I also found the single 10mm bolt which holds the washer reservoir was also inaccessible to my sockets due to the wiper linkages getting in the way, and a short 10mm spanner was the best I had to undo it probably less than 1/8th of a turn at a time! Good job I had 2 cos spanner No1 decided to drop down the scuttle tray and proceed to disappear to an inaccessible point, and remains there now.

Replaced the motor without actually fully removing the reservoir, because it was getting late and the method of manoeuvring the reservoir to get it out of he scuttle tray past the wiper linkages evaded me, and it just didn't come out. I certaily didnt want to move the linkages from the park position, or remove the wiper linkages to get it out.

The motor was easily enough replaced even without fully removing the reservoir. It just pokes into a hole at the front of the reservoir after inserting a rubber sealing grommet wich comes with the motor.

Nice to have done the job and got it working again.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Re: Clio-Windscreen Washer Motor Replacement

Post by lexi »

Excellent Neil. I have heard a few say that the puller tool is handy for the wipers.
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Clio-Windscreen Washer Motor Replacement

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Just done the job again
Just done the job again
Used this method, far easier than removing the scuttle tray and windscreen wipers.
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 23:09 Should have had this video handy when I did this job on the Clio

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey