Location of heater fuse

Post a Topic Specifically related to Renault vehicles.

Moderator: RichardW

Kim
My Cars:

Location of heater fuse

Post by Kim » 11 Dec 2003, 00:41

REF: Renault Laguna N Plate 1995. W/O Air Con.
Does anyone know where the fuse situated for the heater as this is not under the steering column along with all other fuses. Has it been hidden somewhere so that women would never find it! ha
0x

Homer
My Cars:

Post by Homer » 11 Dec 2003, 02:30

What car?
0x

JimW
My Cars:

Post by JimW » 07 Jan 2004, 04:26

Well, you don't really tell us what you mean by "heater" - you might need to look at any of the following fuses:
F53, F51, F37, F26 (for a typical heater blower motor),
F53, F54, F35, F20 (for heated rear screen(s) & mirrors)
F53, F54, F65, F20 (for a typical heated windscreen)
The higher number (and mainly higher rated) fuses are in the engine compartment - on the l/h side fairly close to the wing. These are from F51 upwards.
The lowest number (and mostly low-rated) fuses are in the fuse panel you've looked at - which is in the fascia panel in front of the steering column. These are from F1 to F34.
Fuses F35 - F40 (which - certainly on my car - are all rated at 40A) are quite close by. They are pretty much directly above the throttle pedal and behind (e.g. further forward than) the fascia panel - in other words it's virtually impossible to even see the cover, which swings down and towards the l/h side of the car.
There is a catch at the right side of the cover panel, I think this moves to the right to release it, the panel should then swing down. Be careful - I just yanked mine and broke it !
Using a torch & mirror you might be able to get a reasonably good look at the catch without having to put your head - upside down - in the footwell, which is not something I particularly enjoy.
Hope this helps,
Jim.
0x

JimW
My Cars:

Post by JimW » 07 Jan 2004, 04:28

Well, you don't really tell us what you mean by "heater" - you might need to look at any of the following fuses:
F53, F51, F37, F26 (for a typical heater blower motor),
F53, F54, F35, F20 (for heated rear screen(s) & mirrors)
F53, F54, F65, F20 (for a typical heated windscreen)
The higher number (and mainly higher rated) fuses are in the engine compartment - on the l/h side fairly close to the wing. These are from F51 upwards.
The lowest number (and mostly low-rated) fuses are in the fuse panel you've looked at - which is in the fascia panel in front of the steering column. These are from F1 to F34.
Fuses F35 - F40 (which - certainly on my car - are all rated at 40A) are quite close by. They are pretty much directly above the throttle pedal and behind (e.g. further forward than) the fascia panel - in other words it's virtually impossible to even see the cover, which swings down and towards the l/h side of the car.
There is a catch at the right side of the cover panel, I think this moves to the right to release it, the panel should then swing down. Be careful - I just yanked mine and broke it !
Using a torch & mirror you might be able to get a reasonably good look at the catch without having to put your head - upside down - in the footwell, which is not something I particularly enjoy.
Hope this helps,
Jim.
0x