laguna battery drain

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

deano1970
My Cars: citroen C5 estate 58 plate.........2.0 hdi

laguna battery drain

Post by deano1970 »

I have enquired about a car,a laguna 05 plate,which is going very cheap,1.9 diesel....anyway,I rang the guy up and he said the only problem with the car is that the battery drains,there are no lights left on,and it's fine all day, but next morning the battery is flat? he has tried another battery and same is happening.....I don't know whether to buy the car or leave it, it's got full mot and he only wants 695 for it,looks really nice for that kind of money.........anybody got any ideas what the problem could be????
C5 X7
ferkemall
New User
My Cars: to many to list

Re: laguna battery drain

Post by ferkemall »

Did you think to to check if its charging with a multi meter ? check the battery for a parasicic drain if there is short on the central locking or systems like the rear window /door lock overide ,it will use current was the other battery a good one ? you just need to check out the systems and make sure the fuse/relay box has not any water in it at some stage via the bulkhead water drains that block up and pour water into the cars front floor area If its cheap get him to drop the price some more not to many people will go for a renault with an electrical problem electrics are one Renaults big failings just check these collums

Depending on your skillsets it could either be a cheap buy or a nightmare on Elm st point is do you feel lucky ?

Modus automatic owner 2 years now and with prventertive maintenance everything still works unheard of for a 2005 Modus !