Senic key blips

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnMilne

Senic key blips

Post by JohnMilne »

Hi,

I have a problem with the central locking / immobiliser . The key blips will open and close the door most of the time. but occasionally they fail to work. Twice I have had to have the car recovered to the main dealer. First time the said that the keys had lost the blip codes and reprogrammed them for £40:00. The second time they said that 1 had failed and the other had lost its code again and recommend that I purchase 2 new keys at a cost of just under £200:00 [V] They have reprogrammed the 1 working key at a cost of £35:00

Both keys are transmitting as I can detect the I.R. pulse.

Does anyone know if it is possible to disable the immobiliser or know of a cheaper source of replacement keys.

Thanks

John
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

If they work the same as the Citroen plips then reprogramming is done by turning the ignition on and firing the plip at the reciever. Surely they wouldn't charge £40 for that.[:p]
Other known problems with the Cit IR plips are dirt in the reciever lens or simply a weak battery.
Do you need the plip to deactivate the immobiliser? What happens if you lock the doors with the key.[:0]
JohnMilne

Post by JohnMilne »

Thanks for the reply Homer.

I can unlock the door using the key, but without the blip I can not disengage the immobiliser.

I have had the lens off the receiver and it was clean.

My first thought was the battery, so I replaced them in both blips but that did not help.

So far the reprogrammed one has worked 4 times today.

I don't know if they work in the same mannor as the Citroen ones, but the dealer did give me the code that needs to be programmed into them. I have no idea how they do it as I can not see any connectors on the blip PCB.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

The older Cit ones had to be programmed but that was done by connecting / disconnecting soldered joints.
These did not work the immobiliser though. In fact those cars had no immobiliser.
The last Cits to have an IR plip had a keypad immobiliser.
It seems (to me) a bad design to have the immobiliser working off something as unreliable as an IR plip. Usually these days the immobiliser works simply by having the key close to the ignition switch.
JohnMilne

Post by JohnMilne »

The darn things bust again [:(!] Fat chance of getting it fixed today. Last time it took the dealer 4 days!
I have got the key code, does anyone know where I can get a new key blip and have it programmed for less then £200