espace v6 no heaters

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bigdaddy
My Cars:

espace v6 no heaters

Post by bigdaddy »

i have no hot air blowing from the heaters its been in a garage they said mechanicaly all is ok so it must be a relay but there auto electrian is off sick so i need to wait, what i would like to know is where the relay to control the hot/cold air side would be, i have never heard of a relay that controls a cable to move a flap from cold to hot can anyone help!!!!!
jeffie
My Cars:

Post by jeffie »

bigdaddy i dont know if you have got the problem fixed yet but i have got the same problem with my 2.0litre injection on a 92 model. I have renewed my heater box and the matrix behind the dash as well as having it tested. So did you find out the problem was or not? main dealer told me it could be a fault with the head but i don"t belive them at all, if you have got it sorted and you don"t mind what was the problem ? jeffie
bigdaddy
My Cars:

Post by bigdaddy »

I got it fixed, but the dealer done it, as I had just bought it, he said it was the heater matrix that was blocked with slime, i know that was wrong because, that was the first thing i done was to flush the rad, engine, heater matrix as seprate units so that neither of them contamanted the other parts, but i could not tell him this or he would have blamed me, I belive it is the round thing at the back of the engine hidden by the blower box which is feed by the overflow bottle and other parts of the engine, its going back because i still dont get hot air just warm air or what i was thinking was to plug the outlet for the heater matrix straight into the rad return, but it is getting the time and weather to do it