DCI Laguna limp mode. GGGRRRRRRRRR!

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

trooper30
My Cars:

DCI Laguna limp mode. GGGRRRRRRRRR!

Post by trooper30 »

Alright fellas, my 2005 Lagune DCi is really giving me the hump now and need some ideas! When plodding around town the car is well behaved up and down the box and does what its told with no issues. As soon as you pull onto a motorway or duel carriageway is goes into limp mode, pretty much within 100 meters of hitting 5th or 6th gear! Pull onto a motorway, car is perfect accelerating and going up the box, gets up to about 70/80 and the dash light up "Check Injection" and goes into limp and wont go past 2500rpm and it stays like that till the car is turned off, start it up again and the problem has gone until next time i hit the motorway!

What I have done so far is clean the MAF, take out and clean the EGR, checked all breather pipes, changed the fuel filter, so I recon it must be a sensor issue maybe. Any ideas would be good as we just cant go on with this issue and the wife is refusing to drive it, and if i cant solve it she wants it gone! Any ideas are greatly appreciated guys, Cheers
2000 Xantia Hdi
2006 Laguna DCi
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Re: DCI Laguna limp mode. GGGRRRRRRRRR!

Post by steelcityuk »

It could be boost pressure sensor but without a good Clip session it'll be hard to pin down.
not applicable
steelcityuk

Post by steelcityuk »

So what happens if you thrash it in lower gears?
not applicable
trooper30
My Cars:

Post by trooper30 »

if I give it some stick in the lower gears there is no issue at all, even giving it a little thrash around town its all good
2000 Xantia Hdi
2006 Laguna DCi
trooper30
My Cars:

Post by trooper30 »

Is this the right sort of boost sensor, and if so where does it fit?
Cheers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manifold-MAP- ... 3f20345350
2000 Xantia Hdi
2006 Laguna DCi
craig_s_b69

Post by craig_s_b69 »

Image hope this helps
Premira 1996
Rover Metro 1993
Nova old
Micra 1992
Micra 2003
Laguna 2000
Fiesta old
Fiesta old
Rover 25 1999
Micra 1998
c5 2.0 2003
Scenic ii 2005
Nissan Tiida 2009
trooper30
My Cars:

Post by trooper30 »

Thanks for the pic. am going to try and change the Turbo Pressure Sensor, but am having a little trouble finding one online that looks right, none on ebay :-(
2000 Xantia Hdi
2006 Laguna DCi
steelcityuk

Post by steelcityuk »

You'd really be better off having some live data captured whilst the car is moving. Unless you know for certain it's the boost sensor then you're throwing your money away. Renaults have serious problems with looms and connectors which can make it seem like a sensor problem, a trap I've fallen into. Finding a person or garage with a Renault Clip will save a lot of frustration in the end. Sorry if that sounds negative but fault finding on common rail diesels is very difficult without real data to point you in the right direction.
not applicable
trooper30
My Cars:

Post by trooper30 »

Had the codes read this morning at last and according to the reader its all down to the EGR and the MAF. Strange as the EGR was the first job I did on the car and I cleaned it as good as new, also had the MAF out and cleaned. so I gues its just knackered. One thng the guy at the garrage said is that if I get a new EGR/MAF I will have to take it to Renault to have them recognized or reset by the ecu, so basically I cant just change the parts to fix it apparently? Guys is this true as I have never heard it before????????
2000 Xantia Hdi
2006 Laguna DCi
steelcityuk

Post by steelcityuk »

Well I'm not sure I'd trust a garage that told you that. Neither are coded to the engine as far as I know. I quick test for MAF faults is to unplug it, if it goes better with the MAF unplugged the MAFs knackered. How can high speed change how the MAF reads?
not applicable
trooper30
My Cars:

Post by trooper30 »

Been looking on ebay for a turbo pressure sensor as in the picture above but nothing is coming up, is this sensor known as anything else, is it also known as the MAP sensor???

Also I think i just had a breakthrough, YEYYEYEY! I unplugged the turbo pressure sensor, took the car up the A5 and there was no problems at all, no limp mode at 80mph in the slightest, car pulled well past that up to 110mph with no problems! Plugged it back in and took the car on the same route again and this time limp mode. So im pretty sure its the turbo pressure sensor
2000 Xantia Hdi
2006 Laguna DCi
trooper30
My Cars:

Post by trooper30 »

FIXED IT YYEEEAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

After having the codes read and still having no clue it turn out it was the Turbo Pressure Regulating Solenoid, weeks of hassle over the car and all solved by one little solenoid. Car is now 100% and the ecomomy is slowley going up so am well pleased :-)
2000 Xantia Hdi
2006 Laguna DCi
Mikemaxcel
New User

Post by Mikemaxcel »

Please help to locate the Turbo pressure Senxor for my Renualt Laguna serie 4-control 150CV/110kw sportour ESM.