Clio Wiper Problem

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

NickH

Clio Wiper Problem

Post by NickH »

Hello,
I've got a Clio '94 1.4 RN, problem is that the wipers dont work intermittantly at the front and also won't park properly. Also the rear wiper doesn't work at all. Both washers work......so:
1. Is this a relay problem?
2. If so, where is the relay physically located?
Thanks for any help,
Nick
TazzyK

Post by TazzyK »

A bit odd for both to go at the same time, but sounds like the rear wiper connections may have come undone (the connection plug is a problem on some renaults) and at the front, well, if they are slow, then it may be the motors on its way out. Have you tried tightening the wiper nuts in case they are loosely fitted??
NickH

Post by NickH »

Thanks for the tips Tazzy, but it's not that the front wipers are slow, just that they don't work at all on 'intermittent' setting, and that when you switch them off, they just stop wherever they happen to be!
I'll check out the connection at the nack tho'.
Cheers,
Nick
TazzyK

Post by TazzyK »

I thinks the front's definetly a relay then, but if its anything like the laguna, its gonna be hard to identify which is which. On the laguna, its located behind the fuse box which drops down, but all the relays are same colour, shape and design and NO markings or labels to say which is which...requires a bit of investigation, cos the dealers will also tell you to bring the original to compare with a new one!!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NickH</i>

Thanks for the tips Tazzy, but it's not that the front wipers are slow, just that they don't work at all on 'intermittent' setting, and that when you switch them off, they just stop wherever they happen to be!
I'll check out the connection at the nack tho'.
Cheers,
Nick
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
richingram

Post by richingram »

first thing to do is just underneath the glovebox is the fuse box. Check that the fuse is ok as I had this problem with my Clio and to get replacement parts is very expensive. all I had to was to change the fuse and all was fine again.