imobaliser?????

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

denviks
My Cars:

imobaliser?????

Post by denviks »

i really need help. not just mentally. i own a 1997 renault laguna 2 ltr. the problem started about 2 weeks ago. i would unlock the car with my plip key. put the key in the ignition and turn to start the car. no sound atalll. the lights on the dash do all the normal things ect but the starter wont turn. i kept trying for about 5 mins and it eventully started fine. today it happened again but this time it wouldnt start for about 30 mins. in between thses 2 problems it has been starting like a dream and running very well. i am completely stumped as to what it can be. any help would be great as i am slowly going mad here. many thanks
dennis
TazzyK

Post by TazzyK »

It sounds like your starter motor is faulty...if there's absolutely no sound at all, then check the live wire going into the back of the starter. Normally this can come undone, loose or just needs cleaning to get a good contact / connection.
If there is some sound, but nothing more than some whining or rumbling when you turn the key, then your starter moter will be knackered soon..best to get it replaced or checked now whilst its still 'working'.
Hope this helps.
denviks
My Cars:

Post by denviks »

thanks tazzy. i will check the connections in the morning. it is not making any noise at all. it is dead silent until it eventully turns over. and then it just sounds normal if you know what i mean. it is driving me totally crazy. i will post again as soon as i have taken a look at it. thanks for the advice, it gives me somewhere to start looking. cheers mate