Pin Code

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tzvi
My Cars:

Pin Code

Post by tzvi »

Hi to all
For the cars over 2000 to program a new key a pin code is needed. This code is supply with the car to the customers. But as they loss the key they also lose this code too. Somebody knows how this code is created. Can be that from the VIN it can be extract. I will appreciate very much for your assistance.
Tzvi
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tzvi</i>

Hi to all
For the cars over 2000 to program a new key a pin code is needed. This code is supply with the car to the customers. But as they loss the key they also lose this code too. Somebody knows how this code is created. Can be that from the VIN it can be extract. I will appreciate very much for your assistance.
Tzvi
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><b></b><font color="purple"></font id="purple">Sorry to be the bearer of (expensive) news. The PIN code (according to a mate of mine who works at the Renault dealership) is generated by an algorithm relating to the chassis number of the car, Ren keep copies of these codes accessible by the dealer, but the dealers themselves dont have any softwear that generates the algorithm, this is to reduce the incidence of theft and fraud. you have to go to the ren dealer with your log book and id, then they will programme a new key for you with the code for your car. Carl is a little vague on whether the car can be reprogrammed with a new code. cost of new keyfob £25, cost of dealer re programming about £50 ish.