Laguna RN1.8 '95 Leak!

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SurreyNortherner

Laguna RN1.8 '95 Leak!

Post by SurreyNortherner »

I have just acquired a couple of months ago a Laguna. All was well until I went to do some routine stuff like top up the water etc before going on a journey and the first thing I noticed was that the water resevoir is rusty coloured. I topped up the water and ever since I released the pressure I have had a leak. Its not huge and my engine is not overheating at all but after the car has been stood there is a rusty coloured water stain under it just in front of the driver side ie tank is right, stain is left (looking from front of car)!
This never happened until I had to undo the reservoirs' presurised cap and filled it up. It is not over the max, not overheating and not really affecting the car that I can tell...
Any idea?
Pauline
Nige

Post by Nige »

Hi, you are not alone.
I got a 2.0 (8v) RXE auto a couple of months ago, drained al the rusty antifreeze out, flushed the whole system till clear water came out, re-filled with fresh anti-freeze/ clean water & now it seems to disappear without trace !!!!!
Nige<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SurreyNortherner</i>

I have just acquired a couple of months ago a Laguna. All was well until I went to do some routine stuff like top up the water etc before going on a journey and the first thing I noticed was that the water resevoir is rusty coloured. I topped up the water and ever since I released the pressure I have had a leak. Its not huge and my engine is not overheating at all but after the car has been stood there is a rusty coloured water stain under it just in front of the driver side ie tank is right, stain is left (looking from front of car)!
This never happened until I had to undo the reservoirs' presurised cap and filled it up. It is not over the max, not overheating and not really affecting the car that I can tell...
Any idea?
Pauline
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
marks132

Post by marks132 »

A drain and flush sounds a good option for the rusty colour.If you still have a leak after the drain and flush,you can buy a product called Radweld which I am told is good for small leaks.