Squeeling Nosie - Laguna

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

charlie_boy

Squeeling Nosie - Laguna

Post by charlie_boy »

Many thanks for repsonses with reagrds to my dilemma with the cam belt guard.
My 1999 'T' 1.8 Laguna 16V has starting squeeling a little when I'm driving around, but then suddenly stops after about 15mins. I had my fan belt changed in June 2002,and a cambelt in Dec 2002. ANy ideas what it can be. t sounds like a bird in my engine. Temperature of the engine seems ok, always around half way on the dial. It aint to noisey, but irritating. Does it when stationary as well. Is it serious?
chris waud

Post by chris waud »

Dear Charlie Boy,
I've got the same problem with my Clio petrol 1.2. Take a read of my post (author-chris waud). It won't solve your problem as I am confused by it as well. If you hear anything let me know and I will do the same.
Regards,
Chris Waud.
MAD

Post by MAD »

try changing the auto tensioner and accessory belt.Be careful as it will come off if not fitted correctly
martyhopkirk

Post by martyhopkirk »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by charlie_boy</i>

Many thanks for repsonses with reagrds to my dilemma with the cam belt guard.
My 1999 'T' 1.8 Laguna 16V has starting squeeling a little when I'm driving around, but then suddenly stops after about 15mins. I had my fan belt changed in June 2002,and a cambelt in Dec 2002. ANy ideas what it can be. t sounds like a bird in my engine. Temperature of the engine seems ok, always around half way on the dial. It aint to noisey, but irritating. Does it when stationary as well. Is it serious?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"><font color="purple"></font id="purple"> My 96 1.8 squeals like a stuck pig, it turns out the tension on my fan belt (alternator belt) was too tight putting pressure on the main bearing of the alternator. slackend off slightly to give 1/2 ince of free play and hey presto - squeal gone. May be related, may not. Good luck.