Clio Electrical fault? HELP!

Post a Topic Specifically related to Renault vehicles.

Moderator: RichardW

catwoman
My Cars:

Clio Electrical fault? HELP!

Post by catwoman » 27 Feb 2003, 16:46

Can anybody give me any info on a fault I´ve been experiencing with my 1.2 L Clio?
I seem to have an intermittant problem which occasionally has happened (about 6 times in the past 8 months) when I start up my 1.2 L Clio (51 reg) and have driven for about a couple of hundred yards. All the warning lights come on inside the car and the clock and mileometer resets. The car continues to drive normally and after 2-3 seconds the warning lights (door open, air bag disabled, ABS sensor, battery, etc) go out. The car doesn´t cut out - is this a fault with the manufacture of the car, as I´ve only had it just over a year?
0x

Louis
My Cars:

Post by Louis » 27 Feb 2003, 17:52

I'd check and see if its under a three year warranty first of all. I'm sure that Renault offered a 3 year warranty on cars 2001> so this might be worth checking.
The best plan would be to take car to a Renault dealer with the correct dignostic equipment, and ask them to read the Fault Codes from the ECU. This should tell you what is causing this strange problem.
0x

catwoman
My Cars:

Post by catwoman » 02 Mar 2003, 00:06

[:)] Thanks Louis, I'd thought there was only a 12 month guarantee but it's 3 years as you said!

I'll book it into the garage pronto
0x