Espace Aerial

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nmcp

Espace Aerial

Post by nmcp »

I can't remove the roof aerial from my Espace to put it through a car wash. Even using moderate force from a mole wrench it refuses to unscrew. Can anyone confirm that it is actually meant to unscrew, before I end up ripping it off the roof .
Thanks
mikegrimmett
My Cars:

Post by mikegrimmett »

Yes it does unscrew! If its shagged, you can get a replacement one from Halfords or even Renault if you have real money!
nmcp

Post by nmcp »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Yes it does unscrew! If its shagged, you can get a replacement one from Halfords or even Renault if you have real money!

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
Thanks Mike. I guess the screw fitting must have corroded itself together.
spanner-do

Post by spanner-do »

If you apply a small amount of copper grease to the thread when you replace the aerial mast, you should find that it will be easy to remove the next time, also gives a better signal transfer through the screw thread.
A squirt of WD40 will do if you haven't got Copper Grease but will not last for as long.