96 Laguna Heater controls

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bwellard
My Cars:

96 Laguna Heater controls

Post by bwellard »

I'm new to the Laguna and would like some advice about the heater controls.. When I turn the fan on to positions 1 - 4, it will come on, and then whilst driving just stop for several seconds, sometimes minutes and then come on again? Is this correct or should I get it looked at by Renault?
Cheers.....
adsuper
My Cars:

Post by adsuper »

Hey there,
I'm not sure whether this is great deal of help to you, but i am presuming that you have Air Con, and i beleive that it maybe the thermostat kicking in on an Auto Setting i have known people get confused and think a problem has arisen. Dunno how much help that is to u if any at all.
Andy Darvill
Adsuper@adsuper.co.uk
JohnMilne

Post by JohnMilne »

I have a similar sounding problem with my Senic. The fan will run for about 30-40 seconds and then stop. It will then come on again 5 minutes later for anouther 30 seconds and then stop. This happens on all speeds and with the aircon off or on. I have checked the switch but thats all ok.
bwellard
My Cars:

Post by bwellard »

Problem sorted. There is a reostat that is located behind the glove compartment and slots into the air ducting.. When heat passes by it the components expand and short out, then when they cool down the fan comes back on. Cost me about £55 for the part and took 10 mins to replace..
JohnMilne

Post by JohnMilne »

I have a similar problem with my senic. I have taken the fan out and the brushes & comutator are totaly worn out.
Looks like a trip to the scrap yard for a replacement.
moose
My Cars:

Post by moose »

can anybody give me a price on a head gasket for a l reg 19 turbo diesel clio
beezer

Post by beezer »

Around £18.50 plus VAT from GSF.