Megane, possible Immobiliser fault??

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paulmcinnes
My Cars:

Megane, possible Immobiliser fault??

Post by paulmcinnes »

Here is the story so far, i have a 1998 S reg Megane Sport Coupe which refuses to start. It is currently in a local garage and they are stumped. The car does every thing it should but when you turn on the ignition all that happens is that the starter turns the plugs spark but there is no kick. I am wondering if the immobiliser has gone wrong. Don't know quite how it works but if it stops the fule pump working (which has been checked and is working) then it could be that.
Any suggestions anyone as this car is driving (or not as the case may be) me mad with all of its 'quirks' as the Renault dealer put it.
Edited by - paulmcinnes on 25 Jan 2003 21:49:22
paulmcinnes
My Cars:

Post by paulmcinnes »

The Car is now fixed, apparently the ECU was full of water. This i find hard to believe but given that the car was originally fixed by lets call them Veg Lardy (for legal reasons) by putting the Ecu in a plastic bag which then filled up with water and soaked the ecu again, anything is possible.
The car was in the garage for 17 days and after numerous calls and complaints plus the emailing of photos (yes i had photos)i got it back at no charge to me.
I suggest you should all beware of Mr Lardy
p.s. the car has been back a week and is now in a different garage having a CV boot repaired with freak damage. You do the maths sounds dodgey to me.