Wobbly Laguna

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Fozzy
My Cars:

Wobbly Laguna

Post by Fozzy »

Anoyone got a laguna that likes to wobble?, i have had the wheels balanced and tracked but when im driving between 20-40 mph the car wobbles, any ideas?
fozzy
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Tyres, check them for bulges and out of round, jack it up and get someone to turn the wheels as you watch them go round, if you try and turn them your self while watching for irregularities, you wont see any, your eye needs to be still.
If they look ok the other most likely cause is the inboard driveshaft joint's, with the car out of gear look for excessive radial movement of the shaft and the joint body.
Dave
Fozzy
My Cars:

Post by Fozzy »

Cheers Dave, tx for the advice, just to letyou know, tyres all all ok,rear ones are good with 2 brand new ones on the front.All tyres have been balanced and is in for tracking tomorrow, maybe this will help me also?
fozzy
Gor

Post by Gor »

I had wobbly tyres on my Megane. Over 80 mph (driving on the continent) I have always felt some very mild shaking. On the sides the tyres looked OK, I somehow manage to avoid kerbs. The Renault garage has checked the wheels, tyres, balance several times. They have always found everything OK. Years (!) later I (!) found that the running surface was worn unevenly and I could feel a bump with the palm of my hand. Apparently one of the metal wires inside the rubber snapped and caused some imbalance. Replaced, no wobbling. The happy new owner enjoys the car now :)