clio stereo, getting code to work?

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

carl350i

clio stereo, getting code to work?

Post by carl350i »

Hi, Ive got a clio and disconnected the battery to do some work, The stereo is asking for a new code which I have, and have entered, but I dont know what button to press once ive entered the code. The stereo is a standard philips radio cassette.
mark c
My Cars:

Post by mark c »

if it has a remote stalk on the steering wheel once you have entered the code press and hold the button on the bottom of it.
if not can you give some more details as to what buttons are on the stereo?
carl350i

Post by carl350i »

It does have the stalk on the column but ive tried what you mentioned already to no avail. The stereo has 5 buttons for the radio presets, 2 large buttons for volume, a loud button. and the others are all pretty standard, the eject and fast forward buttons are mechanical and not electronic. I can input the code using the 1st four preset buttons or using the preset up and down button.
mark c
My Cars:

Post by mark c »

am not too sure then sorry.
the button on the underside of the stalk which normally doesnt serve any purposes,most of them you put in the code with the method you said then hold the button down until it beeps.
do you not have any instructions anywhere?
carl350i

Post by carl350i »

No, not at all, nothing in the handbook or a car manual.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Wright the wife tells me that it goes like this.
Select number for code and press the nipple (button) on the bottom of the steering stereo padel, when all 4 numbers are in you have to hold the button until the unit bleebs, this can take up to a count of ten.
carl350i

Post by carl350i »

Right ive tried the button at the bottom of the steering controls, but I have a feeling they dont work. The stereo is a philips DC679, so if anyone can help, much appreciated.