clio starting problem

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sparky4lonze9

clio starting problem

Post by sparky4lonze9 »

1995 clio, suffered sudden loss of power,have spark at plugs,petrol at injector,changed temp sensor, no luck.Autotune diagnosed map sensor faulty, got new one, still no luck.Exhaust pipe is clear of obstruction, checked all wiring in engine bay for breaks,all ok. Engine turns over ok and tries to start but wont quite catch. checked timing, again ok.Please someone help me, if i had any hair i'd have pulled it out by now.
beezer

Post by beezer »

What is the compression like?
sparky4lonze9

Post by sparky4lonze9 »

Dear beezer,compression tester i borrowed was a tad short so had to improvise, however readings i got were all the same, between 25 & 35 psi on all cylinders.When car is towed it starts,but cuts out when throttle pushed.
bwellard
My Cars:

Post by bwellard »

Had a similar problem with my laguna. It turned out to be a split in the pipe that goes from the inlet manifild to the MAP sensor. Replaced the split pipe and hey presto!
sparky4lonze9

Post by sparky4lonze9 »

Thanks bwellard, but checked that already,all hoses ok. Somebody mentioned about spark disappearing under compression, is this possible? Also autotune guys said it was overfuelling,and flooding the engine, would the lambda probe have anything to do with this?
Peter D
My Cars:

Post by Peter D »

The compression pressure is a mile off I suspect it is the measurment rather than the real figure as this should be up in the 150 to 180 psi range. Check the cam belt has not become loose and jumped a few teeth before you do any harm. Regards Peter