Radio Fuse - Laguna 2

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

graemec

Radio Fuse - Laguna 2

Post by graemec »

During the installation of my hands free kit it looks like the radio fuse has popped. Neither the radio, handsfree nor clock display are working.
Problem is - where the hell is the fuse??!! Its not listed in the handbook. I've pulled every fuse in the box by the drivers door and none of them are blown.
beezer

Post by beezer »

Maybe you are looking at the wrong fusebox. The fuse should be number 10 on the fascia box to the right of the steering wheel. Number 9 on the diagram.
The fuse layout is as follows:
F1 LH/RH headlamp - high beam
F2 Ignition card reader, immobilizer, multifunction control module, starter switch
F3 Headlamp adjustment - gas discharge headlamps, heated windscreen washer jets, instrument panel, voice synthesiser
F4 Alarm system, heated windscreen, heater/air conditioning (AC), interior rear view mirror, parking aid, rain sensor,
reversing lamps, switch illumination - central locking
F5 Interior lamps
F6 Cruise control, data link connector (DLC), rear door lock warning lamp, stop lamps, switch illumination - electric windows,
tyre pressure monitoring system, windscreen wipers
F7 Headlamp adjustment, headlamp control module (gas discharge headlamps), LH headlamp - low beam
F8 RH side/tail lamps
F9 Indicators/hazard warning lamps
F10 Audio system, digital multifunction display, electric seats, heated front seats
F11 Air conditioning (AC), front fog lamps, instrument panel, tailgate lock, voice synthesiser
F12 Supplementary restraint system (SRS)
F13 Anti-lock brake system (ABS)
F14 Horn
F15 Electric door mirrors, electric window motor, driver's side
F16 Electric window motor, passenger's side
F17 Rear fog lamps
F18 Heated door mirrors
F19 RH headlamp - low beam
F20 Cigarette lighter, glove box lamp, instrument illumination, interior lamps, LH side/tail lamps, licence plate lamps
F21 Rear screen wash/wipe system/windscreen wash/wipe system
F22 Central locking
F23 Auxiliary power socket - rear, telephone
F24 Auxiliary power socket - load area, cigarette lighter
F25 Electric seats, heated rear window, rear electric windows, steering column lock
1 Heated rear window relay
2 AC relay
3 Ignition main circuits relay
4 Ignition auxiliary circuits relay
5 Starter motor relay
6 Fog lamps relay
7 Rear screen wiper motor relay
Numbers 10 and 11 on the diagram are also fuse boxes and there is one in the engine bay. Maybe a fuse has blown there but it doesn't seem to relate to the radio.
graemec

Post by graemec »

Thanks for the info - very useful.
I've looked in fusebox '9' and couldn't find a blown fuse but will check F10 again - I might change it in case its blown but doesn't look it.
Are boxes '10' & '11' under the dash or reasonably accessible?
Checked in the engine bay and again couldn't see anything blown, and the ampage of those I would've expected much more to stop working!!
beezer

Post by beezer »

The web page with the pictures on seems unavailable at present but one fuse box is next to or near the one you have changed fuses on and the other is over the passenger side.
graemec

Post by graemec »

There's definately nothing wrong with the fuses in box 9. F10 is shown on fusebox lid as being for the telephone - would make sense that this should/could be the same one for the radio but it's certainly not blown.
I'll hunt down the other boxes when its not raining! If you could give me a link to that website that would be handy.
Starting to wonder now whether it is a fuse or maybe a burnt out wire. Hope not.
beezer

Post by beezer »

I posted the pictures on a website! If you need more info I have the Renault microfiche but I would need the engine prefix and type and year of manufacture. Have you tested for power at the fuse with a meter?