calling beezer!!! brake prob

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

andscenic

calling beezer!!! brake prob

Post by andscenic »

my 98 scenic brakes started to squeel on slow braking, so i decided to check pads and shoes, pads were fine and so it seems the shoes are aswell, but the passanger side rear brake piston seemed slow in action when the peddle was pressed, so i pulled the shoes forward to have a look, and on cleaning the seal it fell off and the piston and the spring came out, S**T lost a bit a fluid whilst i picked up and replaced the spring and the piston with its seal... my problem is now i have no brakes!!! would loosing a little fluid cause this? the peddle goes straight to the floor, also it has abs can i bleed the system as i would do a normal vehicle without abs, or is it a garage job!!, i have bled brakes before, and i have a haynes manual but it just doesnt make easy reading if you no what i mean. any help greatly appreciated.andy....
beezer

Post by beezer »

Be sure the piston went back clean! You can bleed the system as normal, only the sequence is different for ABS. Left front, right front, left rear, right rear. You will have let quite a bit of air into the system and the likes of a Gunson's Eeezibleed will make life easier. Just make sure also that your engine is not running before you bleed the system.
andscenic

Post by andscenic »

just ordered one of those bleed kits off e-bay, should be here by wednesday, are the easy to use?
andy....
beezer

Post by beezer »

Piece of cake as they say!
andscenic

Post by andscenic »

beezer, the missus started and reversed the scenic back and stopped it using the handbrake so she could get in the garage, you metioned somthing about not running it before bleeding, will everything still be alright? cheers
andy...
beezer

Post by beezer »

Yes everything will be fine. It is just that you shouldn't bleed the brakes WHILST the engine is running. Seems a fairly obvious thing but they say that just for safety. Sorry I hadn't noticed your posts or I would have replied sooner.