Scenic problems please help

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

barmy76uk

Scenic problems please help

Post by barmy76uk »

I have just bought a scenic and need 2 new drive shafts,any idea where to get them from?any idea of any cheap breaker that i could get them from?Also drivers door wont open from outside,any ideas?
beezer

Post by beezer »

GSF sell shafts for the Scenic. Breaker depends on where you are or try www.carparts-uk.com - sounds like you need a new lock mechanism for the door but it could be a rod come loose from handle.
barmy76uk

Post by barmy76uk »

im in leicester.
beezer

Post by beezer »

My filing system has beaten me and I can not find a card for a breaker in the Coventry area who was really good. All I can find is one in Chesterfield who was a bit of a chancer. Best thing is try online at carparts-uk and get quotes. It really does work and is great when you live out in the sticks like me. I will dig out the card eventually!
barmy76uk

Post by barmy76uk »

thanks mate,you have been very helpfull![:)]
barmy76uk

Post by barmy76uk »

thanks mate,you have been very helpfull![:)]
beezer

Post by beezer »

barmy76uk

Post by barmy76uk »

cheers mate have recieved a few replys,and far cheaper than the garage they qoted me £250 for the 2 parts only,ive just been offered some at £110 including vat and delivery.
Any idea how much labour would be or how many hours to change em both?
beezer

Post by beezer »

It should take no more than a couple of hours all told. I have not worked with a Scenic but most shafts would involve draining the gearbox so there might be the price of refilling involved.
JimW
My Cars:

Post by JimW »

In the West Midlands you could try:
http://www.citroenparts.co.uk/ (They claim to do Renault & Peugeot parts as well, they're just to the west of Central Birmingham).
Or Just Renaults in Walsall - Tel: 0808-155 0356. They just do Renault spares.
Another website, possibly worth adding to your Favourites, is http://www.ukmotoringdirectory.co.uk/mo ... hp?id=1922 - this is a directory of Salvage/Dismantler/Breaker companies' web sites, and where I found the citroenparts link.
Hope this helps,
Jim.
beezer

Post by beezer »

It really has changed the scrap world this online malarkey. I still go to the yard in Kirkintilloch as the prices are incredible (xud engine and gearbox complete with pump and starter for 90 quid) but it is all that crawling and banging at things in the mud. These places do all that for you and send the parts to your door. It is snowing here in Aberdeenshire - the internet is pretty useful.
barmy76uk

Post by barmy76uk »

Have had some great quotes,thanx guys best one yet £35 each drive shafts,was going to pay £225 for 2 from a garage!
THE DOOR PROBLEM
It works sometimes,and not others.It is a central locking with keypad,sometimes opens and other times doesnt,all other doors are fine,just the drivers door is the problem.
Any ideas will be appreciated
regards kev
beezer

Post by beezer »

When you say it sometimes opens do you mean it sometimes unlocks with the keypad or it sometimes does not open with the handle?
barmy76uk

Post by barmy76uk »

Sometimes doesnt open with the handle from outside the car.But mainly all the time.Its very strange.Pulling my hair out!
beezer

Post by beezer »

It is most likely that you need to change the lock mechanism. You could try lubricating from inside and check the condition of the connecting rod. My experience is the lock mechanism gets worn and being the driver's door, it is the one that gets used most so wears out first. Torx bits needed to dismantle. Fiddly but not the worst of jobs.