Rd4 to rneg myway

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Psaman
My Cars: Citroen c5 2001
Citroen c5 2010
Peugeot 3008

Rd4 to rneg myway

Post by Psaman »

Hi. Have uppgrade my car (citroen c5 x7 2010) whit a rneg navigation system. Everything works fine but my usb socket does not work (did work whit Rd4) this is the original usb system.

Do enny have som idea what I have to do.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Rd4 to rneg myway

Post by GiveMeABreak »

iIf you've changed the unit you will need the Lexia / Diagbox to properly code the unit to your car and to configure the correct parameters for the system. Normally this would be automatically done at the factory, but there are some settings that have to be configured as default values for the system to work properly, not just the audio settings but things like the parking assistance type, tpms and display settings, volume according to speed etc. Some of these need to be done in the main BSI and others in the Audio ECU IIRC. I assume you're referring to the USB in the centre arm rest console?

Do you have your own Lexia kit as I see you are in Norway? If not you may need to find somebody with one or pay for Citroen to configure it for you.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

RNEG isn't compatible with the USB port
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Of course - that system has the SD card for the navigation and the Hard Disk IIRC. If you want a USB, you'll probably have to get the USB Box fitted and activated or the EZDAB /AUTODAB or similar.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Psaman
Citroen c5 2010
Peugeot 3008

Post by Psaman »

Strange on some of this cars you get usb or aux in the console and this is whit rneg (1).
I see that there are some differences whit the media box that are installed.
Psaman
Citroen c5 2010
Peugeot 3008

Post by Psaman »

Hi, yes I do have diagbox :-)

I see in the schematics for cars whit rneg and aux (usb) that those cars do have maybe a different media box that's control the USB signal. If you look at peugeot 3008 it's quite common whit aux and usb on this system

Tommy
GiveMeABreak wrote:iIf you've changed the unit you will need the Lexia / Diagbox to properly code the unit to your car and to configure the correct parameters for the system. Normally this would be automatically done at the factory, but there are some settings that have to be configured as default values for the system to work properly, not just the audio settings but things like the parking assistance type, tpms and display settings, volume according to speed etc. Some of these need to be done in the main BSI and others in the Audio ECU IIRC. I assume you're referring to the USB in the centre arm rest console?

Do you have your own Lexia kit as I see you are in Norway? If not you may need to find somebody with one or pay for Citroen to configure it for you.