RT4 activating AUX

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Filberton

RT4 activating AUX

Post by Filberton »

I have a C5 with the RT4 head unit (and those 3 phono sockets in the glove box) but the unit menu does not show the AUX option on the screen. I am running Firmware 8.31
Presumably if Citroen fitted the sockets it must be possible?

Is it possible to activate either the AUX socket on the back of the unit or the glove box sockets so this option can be selected on the menu?

Thanks

Mike
Current: C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDI Manual (2008)
C3 Puretech 1.2 Feel (2017)

Previous: Citroen C5 mk1 2.0 HDI,
Peugeots 407, 406, 406,205,309, 306 Meridian, 306 L, Peugeot 207L 1.4 manual (2003)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: RT4 activating AUX

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The first thing is to check that you have enabled the AUX option in the setup menu. I had to do this on my NG4 Navidrve 3D system first before it would be shown as an option in the Media Menu. I know you have a different system, but check about in the setup menus first - do you have a VIDEO menu in your setup screens? If so, try there first. If you cannot find the enabling setting in the Head Unit menu, then it may need activating via a lexia.

Note: Just looked in the manual for the RT4 and it seems to be enabled by default, and should be selectable via repeated pressing of the SOURCE button. Again, if it isn't available it might need activating with the Lexia as said.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc