C5 X7 2-in-1 navigation tutorial

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 X7 2-in-1 navigation tutorial

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The HiFi amplifier was also an option for Navidrive and not standard kit.
If you could find a Navidrive Unit, you would need to replace your colour screen for the hi res colour screen, plus you would need the slightly bigger fascia panel, plus you would need the MDS services module (as NG4 Navidrive 3D needs this to work - aerials are different, and connected to MDS), as well as the SIM module, USB cable.

None of the units have the separate amplifier, unless ordered - and these are CAN versions with separate wiring and need different speakers (it was part of the HiFi pack). Even if you change to RT6 (single DIN unit as you have), you will still need the upgraded colour screen. The functions are integrated and you can't just separate them. The RT6 should give you a hard disk, Nav, bluetooth music streaming too (the NG4 doesn't stream Bluetooth, but has DVD Player, MP3 / WMA from either USB, SD Card or from the internal Jukebox Hard Drive).

Putting a non-OEM system into the X7 will likely loose parking assistance, computer information, diagnostics and other functionality and loss of screen display. Personally, I think you have a great car as it is and not really worth crippling it for the audio. What specific function is it that you want?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

I think you can change speaker outputs to line level outputs on every radio on C5 X7 with diagbox. And even that is not needed if you install for example one of these: http://www.audiotec-fischer.de/lng/en/m-5dsp.html I'm planning to get one when I have enough money.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Good point Xantippa, just don't mount it anywhere near the head unit or the heat will likely fry it! Most of the head units are prone to overhearing already 😀

Marc
snipe
My Cars: C5 2010 3.0 V6 Exclusive

Post by snipe »

@xantippa. that's exactly what I'm thinking as well. thanks!
ajorge
My Cars: 2011 Citroen C5 Exclusive 163bhp

Post by ajorge »

Let tell you about my experience. I really hated the myway interface specially because the (lousy) iPod interface wasn't usable at all (and this was the psa one). I wanted to exchange the radio for a Alpine headunit but as everybody here and on other fora (and even one of the steering wheel interface costumer service) pointed out, it's not a very good idea because of loosing car functionalities. After a lot of research finally decided to replace the myway with a RT6 (having to change the screen, the facia and running an USB cable from the radio to the arm rest). A lot of money, but much better experience specially after updating the firmware, the maps and cams.
As I suffer from upgraditis severus, my next project was to install another speakers. Following the vborovicfan advice, I went along with sbacoustics tweeters on dash, beyma midrange on the front doors and sbacoustics woofers on the rear doors. A very balanced and a few steeps above the oem system. But as always I wanted another project, ended up installing an Audison AP8.9 bit, which is simultaneously an 8 (or 6 in my case) channel amplifier as well as a processor. The sound now is miles ahead from the oem system. As the amp has a very small footprint is very well consealed (even fits in the glovebox but I was afraid it would heat a lot).
I know I spent a considerable amount of money, but I did not loose any functionality, anyone that looks thinks it's an oem system, but the sound is amazing.
Best regards,
AJ
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Excellent, really pleased you have better sounds via the new amp, whilst retaining an OEM system. The MyWay could of been miles better with a little effort, the RT6 being a step in the right direction as an upgrade. It would of been great if you could of taken a few photos and did a little write up of the project to inspire some of us! :-D

Marc
Xantippa
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

Just tested my "new" RT6 and screen. Unfortunately RT6 seems to be stuck in a bootloop and just tries to eject CD every 10-20s. Screen is black. Screen has been tested before selling as is bought from reputable seller, headunit should be in good condition "as new" (as it seems from outside). Could this be solved by firmware upgrade? I don't know from which model this unit has been extracted. My cabling is OK because RT5 works just fine with it. Diagbox gives communication error for telematics unit when RT6 connected. Any ideas other than returning this unit to seller?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Have you FULLY configured all the options correctly in the BSI, including VIN coding it to your car? I say this as you need to ensure you can see the screen to check what firmware you have on the unit and also to be able to follow the instructions for the firmware update. Without seeing anything you can't really proceed. I suspect there are some settings you have overlooked in the BSI - or possibly may have changed some of the values that must be defaulted to 2.

Can you get the printouts / PDF / Screenshots from Diagbox in the BSI section. Also is your IN still the one ending in 942? I'll have a look at my BSI printouts from my car and I can hopefully check with you which options should be what, taking into account the newer RT6 over the older RNEG 'MyWay'.

Let's check the main settings are ok first, then do a Battery disconnect following BSI reset procedure to allow the Head Unit ECU to reset.

Marc
Xantippa
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

So can I do something about this with diagbox eventhough diagbox tells it cannot communicate with telematics unit? I think vborovic stated that new unit works even without coding car's vin to it (when he changed from RNEG to RNEG2). I thought new HU should start up plug-and-play without diagbox coding, and I should only enable/disable certain functions on it (parking aid and so on) when I see what works and what isn't working. Vin is still that same, haven't bought new car since march. :D
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Have you checked coding options in the BSI are correct - it needs to be right in there before it will communicate with the Head Unit I suspect.

Marc
Xantippa
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

I'll have to try again tomorrow and report then what I find. Haven't changed any BSI-options yet, so this is going to be interesting. Have to take note how settings are before changing anything, so I can get RT5 back if needed.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

For example, in the BSI - Manual Configuration (and make sure you write down parameters before changing the values):
  • Presence of the Telematic Unit (RT3/RT4)- Present (even though you don't have the RT3 /4)
  • Multifunction screen Opion Present
  • Presence of CD Changer Absent / Present
  • Presence of Hands Free Kit Absent / Present
  • Presence of an Audio Equaliser Amplifier Yes if Bass Box in the Boot / No otherwise
  • Sound alert for parking assistance emitted by switch module under steering wheel No for RNEG
  • Presence of Services Module No
  • Pressence of a Navigation System (NG4) No
  • Presence of a radio (RD4) Yes / No (I would check exiting value as this is unclear whether referring to a Radio in general or the RD4 specifically)
  • Presence of Hands Free Kit Yes / No (again, have a check, but I suspect not)
  • Automatic lighting of instrument panel and multifunction screen depending on external brightness Absent (2) (Compulsory Value)
  • Automatic lighting of hazard warning lamps in the event of impact Absent (2) (Compulsory Value)
  • Lighting of hazard warning lamps on pressing the emergency call button Absent (2) (Compulsory Value)
  • Activation of automatic lighting of headlamps via the personalisation menu No (2) (Compulsory Value)
  • Presence of parking lamps No (2) (Compulsory Value)
  • Presence of Headlamp height correctors No (even if fitted with headlamp correctors)
  • Audio Equipment Absent (Compulsory Value for RNEG)
  • NaviDrive telematic unit Present
  • Display Present
  • Hands Free Kit Yes / No Configure « Yes » for vehicles with an RD4 radio (or radio navigation (NG4) without service module) and hands-free kit. To check for the presence of a Hands-Free Kit, press on the « Menu » button of the radio, note the presence of the following icon (shows a mobile phone icon) on the right of the multifunction screen.
These are the main ones in the BSI in case it helps - but as you can see, these are just some of the BSI configuration options for Audio kit - so might make a difference. :-D

Marc
Xantippa
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

I'm just wondering what setting should be altered when changing from RT5 to RT6 - if any? If all the settings are the same, and RT5 works fine, then this won't surely help?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The above are what should be for Radio Navigation systems. There is no separate configuration or references to RT5 or RT6. Radio Navigation is the Reference used for the MyWay and eMyWay systems.

I've gone through them for you based on your VIN and the new unit you have installed. The options are there for you to ensure it is set up right. They do make a difference as various functions are handled differently by some units.

Marc
Xantippa
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

OK, have to just test again later today when I have time. I very much suspect that either RT6 or display is somehow faulty. Diagnosing which one that is might be difficult or impossible...?